PDA

View Full Version : Frank died

Ivantherussian03
08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
The guy next door passed away. I have known him and his wife a while now. They are good people. Frank was a WWII vet. He was a Navy medic. He landed with the Marines at many islands. He always landed in the 1st wave he told me once, but never got hurt. He was always to sit down and have a beer, especially if bbq was involved. I bbq alot in the summer and frank always had a standing invitation, but I always went over and told him it would be an honor if he came over.

I was not upset when I heard. Frank was old! He had a good life. He drank beer all the time. He survived the war, raised a family, and was succesful in business. My wife and I continue to take his wife, carol, out for dinner and check on her. At the end of bbq I have my one beer when its over alone in the dark, and look at the Big Dipper in the night sky.

Bad Water Bill
08-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Had a corpsman in my outfit that did those landings also. A truly brave bunch of vets. A real honor to have known them. They have earned their special place several times over. Take care of his wife as she is just as special.

gds
08-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Its sad that more and more of these WWII vets are dying off. There was a man in our community that my pastor had befriended a few years ago that was in on the D day invasion. He was all alone and his family did not visit him much if at all. My pastor had gotten close with him. He had come to our church a few times the last time was fathers day. He passed last Friday at 89 years old. He was buried this morning. Probably one of the hardest funerals my pastor has had to speak at. :(

08-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Stand by the widow. It's the duty we all have as citizens. It's a rotten shame that movie perverts and self-serving politicians are heralded by today's culture instead of the real heros among us. Make her feel special.

Throckmorton
08-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Rest in Peace,Warrior

GSM
08-27-2009, 01:03 AM
"At the end of bbq I have my one beer when its over alone in the dark, and look at the Big Dipper in the night sky."

Ivan:

Good on you.

Gone, but not forgotten.