PDA

View Full Version : 50's back and baby watch out

charger 1
08-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Got er back from a total re work in 50 AK on an 86 frame.redfield old style peep lookin down a 27" pipe. MAN can I connect with er,,WHA. Heres the funny. When I got the smith to do his deed. I did my diddling cause the action would never feed from mag. I wont get into how I got dooped into buying it like that and with a bulged chamber but anyhoo I did and did I ever and paid dearly. See I'm the guy you can trust therefore I ASSume others to be trustworthy and well hey if I go see you and your up in years, and a long standing community member and tada tada. You can sell me a cow, tell me its a pig and I'll probably trust ya. So on we go. The gun comes back, I do my part,plus get some 470 grainers cookin out at near 2100. If I sit on my honches in my back yard at my little 65 yd range I can fire the girl all day and you can cover em with a nickle, as opposed to the BP tube he had on it with a bulge and every third shot the forend dovetail popped off. I got an abomination,I now own the tightest,swiftest, most accurate canon in the area,BAR NONE, cause there aint no muzzle jump, you swing that big tube and if that front bead is anywhere to be found your on. So late morn yesterday I go to see farmer out in his field. Usually when he see's me in town he's kinda timmid cause I know he's wondering if I'm going to go nuts.But hey its been 2+ years ,he's feelin kinda good. Meets me at the gate. I said hey John mind if we go to your sand pit I wanta shoot a new gun, Sure says John I gotta go home with the tractor anyway, you take your truck by road and I'll meet you there. I get there and I know already what he's going to have done, he's going to have put a few of these white rocks that are about 5" in dia up on the sand bank, thats his excuse for target shooting. He gets back to my truck, I'm on the other side of fender. He's still clueless as to what I got, but I got it out,with the hammer dropped on one and two in the mag. Remember this gun never fed, never hit dick, fell apart when you fired it, and you fired it at maybe BP loads. When johns safe near my rear bumber I swing er up and without word or jack all clik boom clik clik boom clik clik boom and the chunks from the third rock are commin to rest when I eject the last shell. If my truck had of slipped into reverse it coulda drove right into Johns mouth. Well the hammerin and stammerin was unreal. I wont get into it all but the buy back offers were flying wildly. NO NOT FOR SALE JOHN, Hey by the way, thanks ever so much for the really great gun. We dont have a smilie for me to put up that equals the red on that face

http://usera.ImageCave.com/poopercooper/000_0038.jpg

pietro
08-01-2009, 07:58 AM
That's called being (or applying) the "perfect squelch". :bigsmyl2:

Good on you, charger1 !

(Good story/nice work/rifle, BTW)

OBXPilgrim
08-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Geez, is this the same 50AK you had so much trouble with dies for it over a year ago?

If so, you win my "Mr persistant" award for the year.

You gonna make the "Asperly Aimless" a one holer next?

charger 1
08-06-2009, 05:54 AM
My tenacity knows no bounds. I let folk know that before their thinking of reaming me. Can you believe some actually think I'm far fetched and go ahead anyway. Fools rush in.

What is asperly aimless?

Just Duke
08-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Congrats Charger and I envy you.

oldhickory
08-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Wow!...Nice!:drinks:

charger 1
08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Congrats Charger and I envy you.

Now dont be silly. I've seen some of yer arsenal:mrgreen:

OBXPilgrim
08-06-2009, 08:16 PM
What is asperly aimless?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=19413&highlight=Aimless

charger 1
08-07-2009, 06:54 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=19413&highlight=Aimless

Do we have country of origin or timeline for this arm? I ask because given how 3 months turned into 3 years. Theres more wear and tear on the gun from travel than work. I've had to redo a large part. He couldnt be nailed down on nothin and now wants double the orig $ even though all along he said he could stick to quote. Could we have found one of if not THEE arm's inventors

charger 1
08-08-2009, 06:51 AM
clearer pic
http://usera.ImageCave.com/poopercooper/000_0043.jpg