PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Quality Control???

SharpsShooter
03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Lyman size die…plainly marked .325” (Did I mention it is a brand new die:-D ) Just tried to size a freshly cast (just thus evening) boolit that was .3275 on the bands and .324 on the nose (8MM MAX) … I just about wrecked my bench and nearly ripped the press loose of its moorings. Turns out the sized boolit is .324. sooooooo it makes the entire boolit the same diameter as the nose and just about removes the lube groove. I must say though that the gas check will never come off..........

Is it too much too much to ask of these manufacturers to maintain tolerances???

:groner:

MGySgt
03-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Should have ordered one from Buckshot!

Drew

SharpsShooter
03-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Should have ordered one from Buckshot!

Drew

[smilie=l: I sent him a PM about a half hour ago. I have one of his creations and by golly it is right.:mrgreen:

454PB
03-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I also make my own sizing dies, and I'll bet Buckshot does the same thing I do: I actually push a test slug through the die to measure diameter while building the die.

jballs918
03-28-2006, 03:13 AM
man i got a die from lyman, not to happy at all. it looked like they dropped it on the ground andf then sent it to me. here is the kicker, i sent it back and they sent the same one to me. i even got a call from them and they said that is normal. we lyman i wont being doing much business with them. hell for hte price lee is cheaper and has better qc then them. im pretty much hooked on rcbs and lee. lyman can take a hike