PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show

MGySgt
03-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Went to a Gun Show in Richmond yesterday and brought a 45/90 home. Pedersoli Quigley model - dang it sure is pretty, and heavy!

Came with a Pedersoli Long rang boxed sight set. I am not too keen on that sight, may have to sell or swap it away.

Had to prep some new brass for it and cast some more of my 430gr GC's. I will shoot it next weekend, if I don't have too many Honey Does to get done - Dang - I will shoot it any way.

Drew

RayinNH
03-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Drew, take the wife along. Maybe she can be a spotter...Ray [smilie=1:

Buckshot
03-27-2006, 08:45 AM
..............Now that you have 2 Sharps' in 45-90, ya orta have one throated way out for paper patched slugs. Get some 540gr dudes in there over a casefull of 2Fg!

..................Buckshot

MGySgt
03-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Drew, take the wife along. Maybe she can be a spotter...Ray [smilie=1:

The wife will be along - the range is in the back yard!

But there is a birthday party she wants to go to on Sat, so it really looks as if Sat is out, don't know what the weather will be like for Sunday. But with my luck - it will be a wash out!

Drew

MGySgt
03-27-2006, 12:23 PM
..............Now that you have 2 Sharps' in 45-90, ya orta have one throated way out for paper patched slugs. Get some 540gr dudes in there over a casefull of 2Fg!

..................Buckshot

You really want to kill my shoulder - Don't you! And here I thought we might be friends.

Yes, I am not shooting the Holy Black, but my smokeless loads are really sedate at 1475 (17,000 psi) Easy on the gun and ME. But they still will take anything I hunt.

Drew