PDA

View Full Version : Wather P-22

wallenba
07-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Got a free demo shoot at the range today, a Walther P-22. I was so impressed with it I bought one before leaving! They had a bowl filled with various brands of
.22, was told to take a fistful. I loaded them randomly in the lightweight, and not a single FTF or FTL! First time in my hands it put three inch goups at 10 yards!

Anyone else have the pleasure of this little beauty?:-D

chaos
07-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Stay away from early made magazines and it will run like a champ. great little guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P22

this link will describe the mag troubles that I speak of

Chaos

Mumblypeg
07-27-2009, 09:09 PM
They are great little guns. My only complaint is they will not fire with the magazine removed... but I'll keep it anyway.

Hayfield
07-27-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm very glad to hear that you all have had good luck with your P22s. Mine has been back to S & W twice now for failure to fire. Many types of ammunition. Pulled apart and run w/various lubes and dry. It's simply a piece of crap as far as I'm concerned. It was going to be my blind bag piece but what good is it if I can't trust it? It'll fire 6 of 10 pulls on a good day. 0 for 10 on a bad day.

evan price
07-28-2009, 04:14 AM
Love mine. About 7000 rounds through it so far. It's my always at the range gun. No matter what else I take it always goes in the bag too. Not the most accurate gun in the world but great for training a new shooter and a great plinker.

wallenba
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm very glad to hear that you all have had good luck with your P22s. Mine has been back to S & W twice now for failure to fire. Many types of ammunition. Pulled apart and run w/various lubes and dry. It's simply a piece of crap as far as I'm concerned. It was going to be my blind bag piece but what good is it if I can't trust it? It'll fire 6 of 10 pulls on a good day. 0 for 10 on a bad day.
Sorry to hear that, sometimes we get lemons, I've had mine.:-?

kir_kenix
07-28-2009, 06:11 PM
We have a p22 as well. It's a fun little plinker. I've taken a couple of Coons and some bunnies with it. Wife loves shooting golf balls in the pasture. Shes pretty good at rolling and popping them all over the field.

They are pretty good shooting little pistols.

Doc_Stihl
07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I picked up mine as a platform for a Tac 65 Can. I've shot a couple thousand rounds through it. Easily the lowest FTF 22 I've ever had. My mark II race gun is what I'd call dependable. But when that gets dirty it'll start to complain by feeding and firing poorly. I've run the P22 DIRTY, HOT and hard and it's a champ. I'm not saying it's perfect, but for the money they're great.

The barrel nut feature makes them an easy conversion to setup for a can which is a plus.

Trey45
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm very glad to hear that you all have had good luck with your P22s. Mine has been back to S & W twice now for failure to fire. .

I don't understand something here, why would you send a Walther to S&W for repairs? Is S&W a Walther repair facility or otherwise affiliated with Walther?

thenaaks
07-28-2009, 08:19 PM
smith&wesson is the distributor for walther.

my walther p22 has been a great little gun. i did the recommended fluff and buff to prevent some of the premature wear on the alloy slide.

it has funtioned 100% perfect for over 3000 rounds using anything but federal ammo. it fails to feed with the federal bulk pack from wal-mart. 2000 rounds of remington thunderbolt have worked trouble free. shot some cci mini-mags, and some golden bullets also with no issues. i clean it every 500 rounds, whether it needs it or not.

for what it's worth, my marlin 60 will only shoot the federal bulk pack from wal-mart...go figure!