PDA

View Full Version : Rain

DLCTEX
07-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Woke up to thunder several times last night and this morning we have 3.3 in. and still a drizzle falling. We needed a good rain and it is unusual for us this time of year. Hope it goes on down to those poor folks in the southern part of the state, they're so dry the ground jumps up three feet to grab rain drops.

Freightman
07-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Didn't get that much but rained steady all night, temp. in the 80's almost unheard of in July, did you see the report night- before-last about the snakes in East Texas overrunning the yards and lawns trying to find water?

lead Foot
07-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Send It Down under we have had no Rain for two months - Real dry now our cattle are losing weight fast. Were I go hunting they have had no rain since Jan. So 3.3" will do nicely. :coffee:
lead foot;

Charley
07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Bexar county is still dryer than a popcorn fart. We could use that 3.3 inches here, for sure. Getting to the point I'm wishing a tropical storm or minimal hurricane will blow up in the gulf, just so it might track over us and drop some rain.

257 Shooter
07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Charley,

I am glad that I am not the only one wishing for a tropical storm or Level 1 hurricane. I'm in New Braunfels, so in Texas terms we are neighbors. Bring the RAIN!! :Fire:

Jim

Freightman
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Hope the fronts will make it to you, we had one last evening that brought the rain to Dale and I, have another due Tuesday and another Thursday. With a chance of rain through the weekend will pray that you all get some of it as I know you all need it. May God smile on you.

HWooldridge
07-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm also in New Braunfels and it's the driest I've ever seen in my whole life. We are baling the trash grass on abandoned pastures for cattle feed. Steve Brown on KSAT said tonight that July will be the hottest month in San Antonio on record.

Echo
07-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I was in Denver this weekend, and they got good rain Friday night.

wills
07-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Last decent rain we had was in April.

GSM
07-28-2009, 12:28 AM
D/FW has been wet most of the day - raining at the moment.

While I'm not about to carp about the rain, why does have to happen on my week off?

Might just have to fire up the pot and make some H&G 68's tomorrow.

troy_mclure
07-28-2009, 01:57 AM
i too am hoping for a huricane, a cat 5 tho, i need the work!! lol if it gets you guys as much rain as houston got from gustav you should be good huh?
?

Freightman
07-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Well we got more but the east side of Amarillo also got golf ball to base ball size hail, one of the benefits of bieing close to the high rockies I recon.

Char-Gar
07-29-2009, 11:34 AM
No rain for months and over 100 degree temp for weeks on end down here in deep South Texs (Cameron County). I would take a tropical storm, but no more hurricanes. Dolly has year was plenty for me. Not as bad as Buehlah in 68 but bad enough.

Beekeeper
07-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Geez stop complaining guys.
Here in southern Kalifornication the last rain we saw was last November.
We could use it a lot more than any of youz guys!

beekeeper

HWooldridge
07-29-2009, 07:51 PM
No rain for months and over 100 degree temp for weeks on end down here in deep South Texs (Cameron County). I would take a tropical storm, but no more hurricanes. Dolly has year was plenty for me. Not as bad as Buehlah in 68 but bad enough.

I lived in San Antonio in '68 and remember Beulah. First and only time we had water in the house. Mom came and got me out of school at 9 am; it was black all day long and dropped torrential rain. When we have a hurricane this far in, there are usually rings of rain and the sun comes out for a few minutes between downpours - but it was nothing but rain that day for about 10 hours.

JesterGrin_1
07-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I am in San Antono and I have one question what is RAIN lol.
If I knew it was going to be like this I wold have got some swamp coolers instead of A/C. The electric company is tearing our heads off. :(

DLCTEX
07-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Freightman, we missed the rain last night, but I thought of you when I saw the radar summary. I am enjoying the cooler weather with these fronts. Wow! I just looked at the radar and it looks as if it blew past you so fast it couldn't have gotten you very wet, but we're about to get hit again. We always welcome rain but don't need the hail. My nephew lost three circles of cotton last week and we had to replace 11 window panes in a house on the west side of Wheeler.

Charley
07-29-2009, 10:43 PM
I am in San Antono and I have one question what is RAIN lol.
If I knew it was going to be like this I wold have got some swamp coolers instead of A/C. The electric company is tearing our heads off. :(

Use swamp coolers here and you'll have a dandy crop of mold and mildew. Humidity runs way too high for them to work. You're stuck with AC unless you just want fans.

DLCTEX
07-30-2009, 05:14 PM
We got another inch last night. Just barely got that last post in before I lost the satallite signal, first the Wild Blue internet and then Dish network went. North of Wheeler got big windstorm. 74 for a high today, at the end of July!

Charley
07-30-2009, 10:49 PM
We got almost .03 or so.

MtGun44
07-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Last time I looked, most of southern Kommyfornia was a desert. Not too surprising that it isn't
raining much there. I feel impowered to be rude to CA because I was born there, but
have escaped to the south and later midwest before the brain infection set in.

Here in KC we have had the coolest and wettest July in living memory.
Sorry you guys in Texas are so dry.

Bill

Houndog
07-31-2009, 09:12 AM
I wish we could send youall some of the rain we've been getting! It's rained 3 days almost solid! The OL's rain guage had 3.5 inches in this mourning, and that's from yesterday! There's flooding everywhere. It's also been the coolest July here on record! So much for idiot Gore's global warming!

Beekeeper
07-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Thats OK MTGun44,
The brain rot hasn't gotten to me yet.
Maybe pretty soon tho.
Only moved here a year ago for Wifes health reasons.
If docs give her a clean bill will leave asap.

beekeeper

wills
10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
The LCRA meteorologist said it was going to start raining about Sept. 15 and he was right. If I read the electronic rain gauge correctly, about 11 inches in the past four weeks.

lead Foot
10-05-2009, 03:20 AM
Send it down here wills ~ still haven't had good since last post ~ spent over $20,000 in stock feed so far.:(
Lead foot;