PDA

View Full Version : unusual bore size

DX250
03-26-2006, 07:24 AM
wrong fourm

carpetman
03-26-2006, 12:30 PM
greyarea---Now just hold on a minute. This couldn't possibly be the wrong forum for ANY subject under the sun. You posted a heading of UNUSUAL BORE SIZE and didnt even give us a chance to answer any question you might have. You just wrote us off as wrong forum to insinuate we wouldn't know. This bunch can answer any possible question that ever existed about unusual bore size. You don't even need to ask the question---it will get answered. So I'm going to start off answering a question about Unusual Bore Size and perhaps others will answer and it will prove this WAS NOT the wrong forum. I would say it would be unusual to impossible to have a bore where the lands were bigger than the grooves.

versifier
03-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I agree. Besides that, every bore size is unusual until you find out what shoots best through it. [:holysheep

9.3X62AL
03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Carpetman does it again, aided and abetted by Versifier.

buck1
03-26-2006, 05:51 PM
3 , no 4 replies to .............Nothing! Thats why I love you guys! LOL.,...Buck

DX250
03-26-2006, 06:34 PM
I posted this in the mold design topic. i could not sleep last night and the post was done at about 4:00AM I was not the most coherent at the time. thanks for the post

I have an eaa Single Action in 44 mag I have had metal fouling problems both copper and lead with this gun since i bought it. So i sluged the bore the results are the grove diameter is .435 with the cylinder throughts being the same. Does someone have a solution to this one. All i could come up with is a 43 spanish mold and sizing down from .339, may be easier to just buy a new gun but there is no challenge in that.

waksupi
03-26-2006, 08:12 PM
greyarea---Now just hold on a minute. This couldn't possibly be the wrong forum for ANY subject under the sun. You posted a heading of UNUSUAL BORE SIZE and didnt even give us a chance to answer any question you might have. You just wrote us off as wrong forum to insinuate we wouldn't know. This bunch can answer any possible question that ever existed about unusual bore size. You don't even need to ask the question---it will get answered. So I'm going to start off answering a question about Unusual Bore Size and perhaps others will answer and it will prove this WAS NOT the wrong forum. I would say it would be unusual to impossible to have a bore where the lands were bigger than the grooves.

Ray, it is possible, with the ultra rare reverse rifling. What you would normally consider the grooves, are, in fact, the lands in those particular barrels.

KCSO
03-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately this is not unknown on the EEA's. My only solution so far is to go to B/P and a soft lead hollow base slug. As all the EEA internals are different than the Colt style guns I try and shy away from them. I did try beagleing a mold and got up to 433 bullets, but they were still so so.

hydraulic
03-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I had one in .45 Colt and I loaded for it with one of the old Ideal mould/loading tools. Cast the bullets from pure lead (telephone cable sheathing), lubed with my homemade 1/2 beeswas and 1/2 deer tallow lube, loaded a full case of 2F. Worked well, and accurate. Even my wife shot it well. She even managed to outshoot the Knox County Sheriff's Office at our Frontier Army of Dakota BP match using that gun.

hydraulic
03-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Wrong! Mine was an EMF.

Buckshot
03-27-2006, 08:57 AM
.............Well DARN! I thought I was going to be able to add my say to a post of absolutely no substance, and let my creativity show. Then Grayarea has to come back and legitimize it! Rats.

Just remember this:

....................Buckshot

buck1
03-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Leftoverdj told me about a lube that was epoxy based & dryed hard. Magnum lube or something like that. I have never been able to find it. But this stuff is on the boolits of a box of factory 455 webley ammo I have.
I bet that it could help with the dia a bit. If you can find it that is. \
Ps if you do find it post the info for me . .....Buck

waksupi
03-28-2006, 01:47 AM
.............Well DARN! I thought I was going to be able to add my say to a post of absolutely no substance, and let my creativity show. Then Grayarea has to come back and legitimize it! Rats.

Just remember this:

....................Buckshot

Now, goldurn it Buckshot, you know durn well, it is 7 3/8!