PDA

View Full Version : North American hunting club???

NSP64
07-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Anyone here belong? I was going to join but am having second thoughts since it has THE SAME RETURN ADDRESS as the gardening club that my SO (significant other) joined last week.:confused:

Heavy lead
07-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Was a member a long time ago, maybe 15 years. It's a farse IMO.

Johnch
07-25-2009, 10:25 PM
I guess I am one of the luckey ones

Yea I have gotten some junk to test
And some decent SMALL low cost stuff like handy wipe type bug repellent and some gun wipes to test

But I also got a Austin & Halachek (sp) muzzel loading shotgun and another time a $250 scope to test

As I am a life member
I got a free leather coat and the other stuff

I am well ahead [smilie=1:[smilie=1:

John

OH BTW they like to send you stuff that they want you to pay for if you keep it
Just wrap it back up in the original box
Write REFUSED on the box and send it back
Let them pay the shipping
After the 2 time
I never got another pay for it if you keep it package :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Lee
07-25-2009, 10:44 PM
I'd look long and hard beore I'd send them any money.
Just my $0.02...........

DLCTEX
07-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I was a member for 3 years, all I ever got was a bill for renewal. I was not impressed with their magazine. I wouldn't have renewed after the first year, but my wife "helped me out" and renewed it for me.

BIGGUNGOBOOM
07-25-2009, 11:33 PM
I got it, and decided that I didnt like it, I called them within the 30 days to stop the service. its been three years now and they still bill me and claim collections and such. every time I call I wait on hold for 45min and just give up.

Id stay away. join something else

largom
07-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Sorry to say that I am a life member. If I had it to do over I would not give 2 cents for membership.
Larry

troy_mclure
07-26-2009, 02:24 AM
had them 6 or 7 years ago, never got anything but a badly done magazine. not worth the $$

as to the address, most magazines are owned by a "parent" publisher that owns hundreds of magazines.

Tom W.
07-26-2009, 03:11 AM
I'm a member, altho not a lifer... Send your money to the NRA instead.....

44man
07-26-2009, 08:37 AM
I joined once and all I got were bills after I submitted payment with my subscription. I never got the free stuff promised until I canceled everything, then they sent cheap knives made in China. I can't even get them sharp, must be worth all of 25 cents.
There is not a single person in that outfit that knows what the jerk at the next desk is doing.
A select few get things to test that are worth anything but you need to be a life member to even be considered and you dare not run down a bad product or you are done.
Then if you send in a report, they will keep bugging you saying they never got it.
NRA all the way. :Fire:

mooman76
07-26-2009, 09:26 AM
A friend of mine was a member for a few years. Originally he tried to talk me into joining but I never got around to it. For once I was glad to be a procrastinator. He never got anything he could use or worth a crap.

buck1
07-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Save your $$. The above posts say it all....Buck

leadman
07-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Probably 6 months ago or so they had a big push to join. Like $10 and some free stuff. Sent the payment, never got the stuff, recieved several additional bills. After many lengthy phone calls and threatening to turn them into the Attorney General office I got a refund.

Never did get access to the members website.

There were several posts here about the scam.
I would not join if I was you. My opinion only.

JIMinPHX
07-26-2009, 09:27 PM
I was a member several years ago, or at least that is what they told me. The problem was that I never asked to join. They chose me. I didn't choose them. I had a heck of a time getting them to stop sending me stuff that I didn't want. They were like a bad penny that just would not go away. I see them as nothing but trouble.