PDA

View Full Version : Primer Tube Filling Device

Dan Cash
07-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Some months ago a fellow posted his creation of an automatic primer tube filling device. I was fascinated with it and want to shamelessly copy it but can not find the thread. My searches don't dig it up. Help, any one?
Thanks,
Dan

AZ-Stew
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Dillon Precision sells one. Electrically operated. Uses vibration to walk the primers around a sorter tray so they only go in one way.

Regards,

Stew

runfiverun
07-24-2009, 02:12 AM
it was a lee hand primer tray he cut the bottom out of and glued a tube into then flipped/shook the tray around, and tilted it to get the primers in the tube with some jiggling.
thought about making one for about 2 seconds till i looked at my dillon primer filler sitting there and pushed the button and went on reloading while it filled the tube for me.

Lloyd Smale
07-24-2009, 06:21 AM
I first bought the frankfort arsenol tube filler. It was cheap and worked pretty well. Problem is there discontinued and Ive emailed them and they dont intend on making it anymore which is a dirty shame. I then bought the dillon tube filler. It was expensive and in my opinion a total ***! I love dillon products but this thing just didnt work reliably. I sent it back and they suposidly tuned it. I still didnt work right. Id guess that half the tubes i filled with it had upside down primers in them. Thats when it worked good enough to actually dump all the primers in the tube which even that wasnt a 100 percent. I ended up sending it back and got my money back. My buddy was just given one from another friend and called me and told me it was working great. two days later he called and said he found it to was a ***! When i was having problems with mine i posted on a few forms and every reply i got was guys having the same problems as i did. Id buy one again in a second if they got the thing working right. Ive got one very tired frankfort arsonal filler im trying to milk the last life out of and a new one that CAS gave me but the thing is with them is after a while the vibration fades to nothing and they quit working. If they would make them again id buy a half a dozen of them!!!!!!!!! with all the progressive presses out there and especailly after this latest buying craze youd think someone would come out with a new unit that works. It takes as long to load a primer tube as it does to load a 100 rounds of ammo on a good progressive. I still have faith in dillon. Hopefully they will refine there unit or design a new improved one. In theroy theres idea is the best. It fills while you load. I have no problems with bucking up 300 bucks for one but for that price it better work a 100 percent!