PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Lubeamatic...

j23
07-21-2009, 07:49 PM
not Lubamatic II, but the original LUBAMATIC...

I have the chance to purchase a brand spanking new Lubamatic by RCBS, for 50.00. However, every top punch and sizing die I have says Lyman 45-series or Lubamatic II... none of them, nor anything I can find on the internet references the original Lubamatic.

Will my size dies and top punches work??? ...and is the orginial machine a quality piece?

Thanks.

MtGun44
07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
All the same, Lyman or RCBS - dies, top punch etc. interchangeable - they did us
a favor. Lubeamatic is top quality.

Bill

Catshooter
07-21-2009, 08:40 PM
MtGun is correct. I have two of 'em and love 'em. All the top punches and sizer dies I have used worked fine.

Cat

Echo
07-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Buy that rascal, J123. You will never be sorry. I have 2, and use the heck out of them.

lead Foot
07-22-2009, 04:00 AM
50 Bucks -you can't go wrong. I paid $300 for mine a while back.
Lead foot;

Guesser
07-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I bought mine used 10 years ago for 50$, missing a handle and some adjustment parts(don't remember which), called RCBS for information and manual, she asked me what all I needed, I told her and started to give my CC#. She stopped me and said no charge!!! even when I told her I bought it used. Good service and a good machine. Sits beside my old 450, also bought used. I have one mounted on a heater for hard lube and the other for soft. I have duplicate dies so I don't have to clean and switch. Both are good machines.

358wcf
07-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Buy the thing, and ask if they have any more for sale!!!
My old Lubeamatic is 30 years old and going strong, and uses all the same dies, top punches, etc as any of the Lyman tools. I purchased a new LAM II last year, and it is a bit more refined (and cleaner!) than the old one, but still the same, solid RCBS quality they are famous for-
Buy RCBS whenever you can- they are generally superior products!

358wcf

Hardcast416taylor
07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
As with most lubers like this one make sure you seat the sizer into the bottom of the sizer retainer nut before inserting this assembly into the luber body. A lot of people just insert the sizer body into the luber then screw the retaining nut on. You will get lop sided sizing on the boolit or smeared lube grooves. Manuals state the correct way to insert the sizer, but a lot of people ignore the manuals as they can "figure it out" themselves.Robert

kamikaze1a
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I would grab it FAST! I wish I had a sizer for each caliber I lube and as a matter of fact, a reloader for every caliber would be nice too. Changing out dies is a pain and at that price, it's a bargain.