PDA

View Full Version : Is there a secret to calling Lee

peter nap
07-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I've been trying to call Lee all day to order one of their closeout molds. The number has been busy for hours.

TAWILDCATT
07-20-2009, 06:53 PM
its called perserverence.they are so busy there is no one to answer the phone.
I know as I have called for days.

bedwards
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
last couple of times I've called they got on pretty quick.

runfiverun
07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
have the wife do it while you are at work.

bedwards
07-21-2009, 08:38 AM
oops, wrong post pls ignore

peter nap
07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I got them today and ordered the mold.

speedracer211
07-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Only time I called they picked up right away. Then again I called early in the a.m.

KYCaster
07-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Several years ago I had some issues with a Lee Load Master progressive press and called them intending to talk to a tech to see if I could resolve the problems.

So who should answer the phone but Richard Lee...the old man...the guy who designed the press...this was my lucky day, if anybody had the answers to my questions it would be him...that's what I thought anyway.

Turns out that it's impossible for a Load Master press to flip a primer upside down. Who'da thunk it!! I just failed to turn all the primers anvil up in the tray...I must have been blind.

It's also impossible for the press to fail to completely seat a primer. I just wasn't able to understand the instructions included with the press...DOH!!!

He implied that I'm too stupid to opperate a fine piece of equipment like his Load Master and told me that I'd probably be happier with a Dillon press.

So we exchanged a few pleasentries and I took his advice...trashed two Load Masters and three 1000's and started looking elsewhere for progressive presses...found out there's a reason Lee presses are so cheap.

BTW...I think the two Load Masters are still out in the shop somewhere. If anybody's interested I can make you a heck of a deal. :roll:

Jerry

Legion489
07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Say it aint so KYCaster! You mean your experience with the Lee LOADMASTER is as bad as mine?! I sent my LoadMaster back to Lee at least once a month (about 28 times total) and I NEVER got mine fixed! Seated primers upside down, wouldn't seat primers, no primers, you name it. They even sent it back with all broken parts and locked up tight, just like I sent it to them. Called and got right through but was fed a line of cow droppings that a four year old would see through. Oh the LOAD MASTER (it is a LOAD of SOMETHING alright!!) is the greatest thing since sliced bread, pro loaders use it with great satifaction, etc., etc., etc. Great, but MY LM DOESN"T WORK! Sorry, we don't fix or replace them! You bought junk, live with it!

Bought a used Dillon 550B and have never been happier. Still have the LM to remind myself that junk bought cheap is still cheap junk!!

Tom Myers
07-28-2009, 01:36 PM
BTW...I think the two Load Masters are still out in the shop somewhere. If anybody's interested I can make you a heck of a deal. :roll:

JerryWhat kind of a deal could you make? I been thinking about seeing if I could make one of those things work.

Tom Myers

I am still interested - even after 13 months have passed.

Tom Myers

0verkill
09-01-2010, 09:03 AM
I know this thread is kinda old, but if you still have those Load Masters I'd be interested.

Cowboy T
09-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I'd be interested in one, too, if 0verkill doesn't have dibs on both of 'em.

CiDirkona
09-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Thirdsies!

KYCaster
09-03-2010, 07:03 PM
The presses were gone long ago. (two Load Masters and three Pro 1000s)

Gone to make room for presses that actually work as designed and delivered.

You can look on Youtube and find lots of videos showing you how to set up, adjust and run Dillon and Hornady progressive presses.

You can look on Youtube and find lots of videos showing you how to FIX Lee progressive presses. How to trouble shoot, diagnose, alter and modify with after-market parts to make them work like them work like they were designed to.

Lee will keep sending you parts to repair everything that breaks and wears out, but they have absolutely no interest in redesigning the presses to eliminate the problems...and just try to get them on the phone when you need a part or an answer. (See, I'm keeping this on topic ;) ) And while we're on the subject, why don't they have a toll free number?

All the Dillon owners I talk to tell me that whenever a part breaks on their press, it just takes a phone call to get the repair parts on the way, free of charge....best warranty in the business. That's nice......but EVERY ONE of the Dillon owners I have talked to have had broken parts.

I've been using two Hornady L-N-L presses for three years. I load about 3000 rounds per month on one and about 10000 rounds a year on the other. I honestly can't tell you anything about Hornady's warranty and customer service because I have had ZERO problems with the two presses.

Just drive around town and if you're lucky you might find a Lee press laying on a lawn where somebody threw it out. That's how I got two of mine. :drinks:

Jerry