PDA

View Full Version : IHMSA Internationals

gasboffer
07-20-2009, 08:45 AM
I'll be in Ft. Stockton tomorrow helping to get the range ready for the 33rd Internationals. (IHMSA) I shot in the first one in Ft. Bliss, El Paso in 1976, and have shot in most of them since. Slowed down some tha last few years, (77 years old). I'll just shoot in Field Pistol this year, (too rickety to get down and up from the prone position). Seen lots of great friends come and go. Wouldn't trade those experiences for anything in the world.
Metallic Silhouette shooting has been dwindling for several years, I can remember matches that had shooters from France, Germany, Denmark, Australia, Brazil, and some countries I've missed. Still, though, they are some of the greatest people I've ever met. (Been a few horses-butts, too, but you have those in any endeavor.)
Hope I can make it to the next one here, They alternate years between Ft. Stockton and Ohio.
If you have any silhouette matches near you, you need to go check them out. Like any shooting sport, it has gotten more specialized, but they have classes for different guns and differents skill levels. I'll be shooting a TC in .22 Hornet with RCBS 55 Gr. boolet.
Good Shooting!
Clyde Howard
IHMSA70

The Double D
07-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Clyde,

I didn't know your were an IHMSA...and I didn't know you were that old either :)

Douglas Dickens
IHMSA3461

TAWILDCATT
07-20-2009, 11:40 AM
get some DSMO and rub on the joints.I use it and I am 85.also I rub on my lower back.
Try 800-367-6935
DMSO,inc
po box 439
Ghent,KY 41045
It is used as horse linament.
and many other ailments.
:coffee: [smilie=1:

Shuz
07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Clyde,
Good luck at the Internationals!
Last one I attended was in 1981(?) at Idaho Falls
Ray Schueler IHMSA 7438

jhrosier
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a good time.:mrgreen:

I've never shot IHMSA, but I was active in NRA Hunters Pistol when it was active around here.
I miss the shoots & wish that it would return.

I believe that what caused the NRA shoots to decline was that they created so many different classes that, except for the largest shoots, you usually shot nearly alone in your class. At the start it was rimfire or centerfire and four classifications. There was a lot of friendly competition and I learned a lot from the best shooters. It was a shame that the NRA killed it off by excessive tinkering with the rules.

Jack

Mugs
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
My wife and I will be there next Mon. thru the end of the week. This is our 30 th. year in IHMSA, will be our 20 th. International.
Mugs & Bev
IHMSA 5940L & 5940 WL

fourarmed
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I too think that the proliferation of classes and categories has not been good for the sport. For one thing, it makes it impossible for match directors to stock pins or medals for all of them. While the oldtimers may no longer think about prizes, the beginners are encouraged by them, and if you don't bring new blood into shooting sports, they die.