PDA

View Full Version : Question about new Lee Safety Prime

rbstern
03-23-2006, 02:48 AM
For those of you who have tried the new Lee Lever Primer/Safety Prime product:

One of the (minor) frustrations I have with the original Lee turret press priming setup is that after the priming downstroke, you have to manually finish indexing for the press because the priming arm keeps the ram from bottoming out. It's a minor annoyance from a "time and motion" standpoint.

It looks like, with the new lever prime system, the bottom of the stroke is always the same with the primer arm always in place, so that you don't have to finish indexing the priming stroke manually.

Am I correct?

rbstern
03-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Anyone? Buehler?

boogerred
03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
im waiting for an answer too! im thinking of getting one for my 4-hole AI. i saw your earlier post about the pro-1000.i bought mine used and the primer system gave me so much trouble that i converted it to a 4-hole AI.

rbstern
03-27-2006, 01:07 AM
im waiting for an answer too! im thinking of getting one for my 4-hole AI. i saw your earlier post about the pro-1000.i bought mine used and the primer system gave me so much trouble that i converted it to a 4-hole AI.

Primer system reliability is definitely the weak point on the 1000. I find that if I start with everything very clean, and pay attention to cleaning up any powder spills, I get good reliability from it.

I'm pretty sure the answer to my question is yes, the press fully auto indexes without any manual help on the priming sroke. I'm buying the upgrade kit. Just waiting for MidwayUSA to get the Auto disk riser back in stock.

Finn45
03-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Lee has improved their site and added instructions as well, there's also videos including turret in operation with priming system:

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/HelpVideos/video.html

rbstern
03-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Lee has improved their site and added instructions as well, there's also videos including turret in operation with priming system:

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/HelpVideos/video.html

Finn, that's a great resource. Question answered!

Thank you.