PDA

View Full Version : Moving to idaho ?

BOOM BOOM
07-15-2009, 06:13 PM
HI,
Will be moving to Blackfoot ,Idaho in August for my new job.
Anyone on the board live there.
Perhaps we could hook up to shoot together.

anachronism
07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm about ready to chuck it all & join you.

JeffinNZ
07-15-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a friend who lives in Sandpoint but that is quite a step from Blackfoot. He posts as "remingtonraider" on the CBA forum.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Im in Sandpoint. A good ways away.

MT Gianni
07-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I lived in Blackfoot and dated a girl from Moreland in 1975-76. Great area for the outdoors though few things are as they were 30 years ago. Good fishing, birds, varmits and big game are all close. The climate will grow a fair garden freezing out a few years. Make the first move in getting local county plates asap, it makes a ton of difference in asking for permission to hunt.

Old Ironsights
07-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Always liked Sandpoint...

runfiverun
07-15-2009, 11:16 PM
i'm in soda springs about an hour+ away i know there is at least one member from blackfoot though.

BOOM BOOM
07-16-2009, 04:05 PM
HI,
YEAH, WHERE THE HELL IS FARMVILLE?
SANDPOINT???
I think I'm lost.
Been to Challis, Pokatello, Am. Falls, Idaho falls, oh well.
I will be teaching Math in Blackfoot H.S.

tmak
07-16-2009, 06:26 PM
You mean a teacher that likes guns!! You are a rare breed.

Old Ironsights
07-16-2009, 09:09 PM
You mean a teacher that likes guns!! You are a rare breed.
Not so much in North Idaho. You should know that. Even in Spokane you can find pro-gun teachers (or at least could 8 years ago).

Le Loup Solitaire
07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Sandpoint is way upstate-about the nothernist city of any size worth mentioning in Idaho. It is on the main corridor to Canada for Fed highway 95 and the railroads going north. Also on Lake Pend Oreille which is humungous big; all that is way up in the panhandle up against the Canadian border. West of that corridor is the rest of the Idaho panhandle which runs across to the Washington State line and its just about total wilderness. Runs along Fed route 2 that leads to Newport WA. which is where civilization resumes. If you are into outdoors-camping, boating, jet ski, snomobile, hunting, fishing and stuff its great. Make sure you have a chain saw, a winch and lots of Deep Woods Off and 4 wheel drive as some of the roads up that way are an adventure. Winter sports abound as well. Its also very near to The Montana line and the Glacier Nat'l prk area. LLS

BOOM BOOM
07-17-2009, 02:12 PM
HI,
Have 4WD Toyota Tacoma , big chainsaw, leaky tents, a few decent guns, love to hunt & shoot , camp. Mostly a rifle/pistol guy, not very good w/ a shotgun.
been to Cour D'lane too VERY NICE.
To Yellowstone too all this before the big fire.

runfiverun
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
go east of town up paradise road and turn right it'll take you to blackfoot reservoir.
camping around there, or go down by morgans bridge you'll like it there too. it's on the river coming out of the reservoir.
i might tell you where i camp but it's a bit further around the reservoir. but two people already know about it and they come up there once a year allready ,it's getting crowded. :lol:
there is a gun shop down by the b-foot walmart and another one in town, but don't know where it is located.

Guesser
07-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I just moved to Montana from the Idaho Falls area. In the Bingham county area, you have Cedar Hills Gun Club, a private shooting range NE of Blackfoot, good fishing in Snake River, Blackfoot River and American Falls Reservoir. Trophy class elk hunting in some of the hunts out on the desert west and north of Blackfoot. Get your Idaho registration on your vehicles and your Idaho drivers license immediately.CCW permits are fast and easy in Idaho, local Sheriffs dept, same office as drivers license. Good mule deer hunting all around, white tail and turkey in the river bottoms. Pheasant and partridge good out towards Pingree and Springfield. Teachers that hunt and shoot are in all the schools except some of the bigger ones in Pocatello and Idaho Falls. Idaho State University in Pocatello brings in a large component of anti-gunners-Peta types, however the largest gun show in Eastern Idaho is on the ISU campus. I think you will like Blackfoot; how's your Spanish?

MT Gianni
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Check out Willow Creek above Bone for recreation also.

BOOM BOOM
07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
HI,
I have actually been to bone, thriving metropolis in the 1970's.:bigsmyl2:

gds
07-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I lived in Twin Falls from 77 to 84 then my grandparents farm outside of Bellevue till 86 before moving to Oregon at 13. Last time I was back to visit was 03. There is just something about that state. I keep wondering if I will move back there someday.

BOOM BOOM
07-18-2009, 10:48 PM
HI,
As teaching is not a secure job ( TOO POLITICAL) , they don't have to even give a reason for termination for the 1 st 3 yrs., I probably will rent . I wonder what apt., houses, or even used mobile homes rent for.
I will definitely what too hunt deer & elk.
Years ago you got 2 deer & a bear on the standard hunting license. Is it still that way ?

runfiveswife
07-18-2009, 10:50 PM
we live in soda springs idaho. about a hour away from blackfoot. when you get up here let us know.

MT Gianni
07-19-2009, 06:40 PM
HI,
I have actually been to bone, thriving metropolis in the 1970's.:bigsmyl2:

Yea, you haven't lived until you are down to eating 4 meals a week out of the Bone store.

BOOM BOOM
07-20-2009, 02:00 AM
HI,
I am a wheel gunner, bolt action, & muzzle loader type.

runfiverun
07-20-2009, 07:42 PM
you'll fit in with anyone that wears thier hat the right way round then.
not many guy's over 25 have brass flingers, unless it's a 1911, m-14, or garand even the pistol [idpa] shooters use wheelguns or 1911's mostly.
there is one goofy guy that shoots a 9mm though.

BOOM BOOM
07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
HI,
There is always 1 maverick:-D:-D.

S.R.Custom
07-21-2009, 11:29 AM
...Years ago you got 2 deer & a bear on the standard hunting license. Is it still that way ?

That went the way of Essential Liberty long ago... Like most gov't agencies, Fish & Game has grown fat off the public tit, and relies upon vast sums of license and tag revenue to fund its ever increasing appettite for expensive new riding and flying toys. The only thing a standard license permits you to take is pot-shots at ground squirrels. You'll need individual tags for anything larger than a woodchuck.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/fees/restags.cfm

BOOM BOOM
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
HI,
CRAP!
So I have to buy separate licenses.
What does a combination license allow??

S.R.Custom
07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Combination license: In addition to sniping range rats, for a few weeks a year a combination license allows you to dangle a hook in the water in pursuit of essentially useless fish. You'll still need separate tags for anything large enough to fillet (hatchery raised Salmon, Steelhead, etc.)

Here are some more "fees" to ponder, hunting and fishing. These are all over and above the basic license fee. My favorite is the "two pole" fee:
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/fees/respermits.cfm

Oh look! Goody! Even more fees!
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/fees/reslic.cfm

And you'll note these are all resident prices. If you're not from around here --or not here long enough to qualify as a resident yet-- then hunting in Idaho truly is the sport of kings.

runfiverun
07-21-2009, 09:50 PM
they do hose the non res.
s basic license was 13.00 last year but you have to buy a deer or elk tag and choose your area for elk don't fall for the unit 69 tex creek tag they are easy to get but the elk don't move into the area till the day :lol: after the season closes.
actually about a month .unless it snows so hard you need a copter to get into the area.

leftiye
07-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Bout how Utah's fishy gamey dept. works too.

Le Loup Solitaire
07-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Once upon a time before the money game and associated greed took over, you could hunt and fish, not freely, but within reasonable sportsmanlike and economic boundries. Now in good old Idaho, you better plan on taking a lawyer and a surveyor with you when you go afield carrying a weapon or a fishing pole. And all your tags, permits and the latest maps for if you shoot something on the wrong side of the/a creek then you'll be so far "Up it" then you'll need a great big paddle to get back down. Also bring your birth certificate, passport and copy of your last tax return as the woods(especially in the panhandle) seem filled with reps from ATF, DEA, IRS, Fish and Game, and anyone else that they can pin a badge on. LLS

S.R.Custom
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
...in good old Idaho, you better plan on taking a lawyer and a surveyor with you when you go afield carrying a weapon or a fishing pole...

Indeed. Fish and game laws here are so convoluted that the published rules and regs come in a 5-volume set. The fishing rules volume alone runs 75 pages. I'm not kidding.

If you see another human being afield, there's a 50/50 chance it's law enforcement. And since the rules are so overwhelming, it's pretty much a given that you're committing at least a half dozen violations you're not even aware of. That said, the most prudent approach to hunting and fishing here is to be invisible and avoid any unnecessary contact with your fellow man...

BOOM BOOM
07-26-2009, 09:16 PM
HI,
This saddens me greatly as I live to HUNT & SHOOT. I eat what I kill.
I mostly go for big game, but would go upland game hunting if the chance was presented.

runfiverun
07-26-2009, 09:32 PM
the other half is either from out of state or boise so don't be too scared.

S.R.Custom
07-26-2009, 10:42 PM
HI,
This saddens me greatly as I live to HUNT & SHOOT.

Well, the upshot is, the game IS here. The problem here, like everywhere, is one of human stupidity and greed.

BOOM BOOM
07-31-2009, 02:10 AM
HI,
I will drive up the 1st week of Aug. to try & find a place to rent--apt. /Mobile home/house. Work starts Aug. 19 so have to be settled in before that.
1 wife- I would like to see Soda Springs & find a place to shoot & hunt near Blackfoot.
Did a web search and it appears that there are no martial arts groups in Blackfoot, at least according to internet. With a city of 10,000 pop. that seems unusual.

Guesser
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
There are martial arts groups in Blackfoot, small, but competitions are held on a regular basis around the area. Many are spanish speaking oriented, very large spanish speaking community in eastern Idaho, centered in the Bingham county(Blackfoot-Aberdeen) area.

UT Phoneguy
07-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Bout how Utah's fishy gamey dept. works too.

Amen to that! I have 11 bonus points for Elk now and didn't even get the general deer this year. Kinda glad I didn't- the tags are getting pricey! I have done some work in Blackfoot- nice town and really nice people up there.

BOOM BOOM
07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
HI,
Back in 1971 UT.'s proclamation was 1 sheet of 11x17" paper w/ deer on 1 side & elk on the other. Conservation officers were actually helpful & friendly.
Now it is all about checking for violations, no help, seeing what they can confiscate, & the proclamation is a pain.
The U.S. Forest circus was helpful in 1971, now they are all about seeing if they can issue a ticket. They have closed down all roads on every mountain to 4 wheelers except 1 on each mountain. They even try to hassle you for shooting in Ut.
I hear they don"t do that in Arizona though.

BOOM BOOM
08-04-2009, 01:54 AM
HI,
Got up & was on the road by 6 A.M. & drove the speed limit to Blackfoot today ,4hrs,
checked Mobil home parks, & apt. for rentals. Also went to Sch. District offices to turn in paperwork. Then went back to Provo, 8hrs. in the car ouch TB!

Mtman314
08-04-2009, 02:20 AM
Sandpoint is way upstate-about the nothernist city of any size worth mentioning in Idaho. It is on the main corridor to Canada for Fed highway 95 and the railroads going north. Also on Lake Pend Oreille which is humungous big; all that is way up in the panhandle up against the Canadian border. West of that corridor is the rest of the Idaho panhandle which runs across to the Washington State line and its just about total wilderness. Runs along Fed route 2 that leads to Newport WA. which is where civilization resumes. If you are into outdoors-camping, boating, jet ski, snomobile, hunting, fishing and stuff its great. Make sure you have a chain saw, a winch and lots of Deep Woods Off and 4 wheel drive as some of the roads up that way are an adventure. Winter sports abound as well. Its also very near to The Montana line and the Glacier Nat'l prk area. LLS

<tongue in cheek> I thought Bonners Ferry was the northern-most place worth mentioning. Walmart is close to there, well within 30 miles. LOL

handyrandyrc
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I live up the road in Rexburg, and work in Idaho Falls. You've done good, now keep our little place a secret, okay? No tellin' everyone how nice it is here. There is a range out west of Rexburg that has shooting out to 1000 yards, and everywhere in between. They also do cowboy action shooting once a month, and have a 'cowboy village' they hold the shoots in, lots of outbuildings and historic lookin' stuff. Unified Sportsman's Club www.uscidaho.org

BOOM BOOM
08-18-2009, 01:14 AM
HI,
Was planning to be on road by 6 A.M. to Blackfoot today.
But Sat. I found a trailer to buy.
So today was spent at bank, drive to Ogden paid for small trailer, pulled it to Provo, loaded it up.
So Tues. A.M. I hope to be on road to Blackfoot. Hope to be on road by 5:30 A.M.:drinks::Fire::Fire:

BOOM BOOM
08-22-2009, 02:19 PM
HI,
Well had 1st week in Blackfoot, I a small Trailer. Very hot in P.M. 90 degrees at about 4.
Nights pleasant. Just realized home base of this site is in Pocatello, this week.
Read Idaho gamy fish dept proclamation :(:( Have to be a resident for 6 mo. to hunt. That sucks.
Realized soda springs is 60 mi. Yikes.

1874Sharps
08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Wahoo, I spent four years in Nampa, ID (SW Idaho) and loved it for the outdoors fun. I am sure you will like it in the SE part as well. At least you get some relief from the heat in the evening. Here in Corpus Christi (S. Texas) it is 100 degrees with sky high humidity and will get down to only the mid-seventites at night.

waksupi
08-22-2009, 02:35 PM
HI,
Well had 1st week in Blackfoot, I a small Trailer. Very hot in P.M. 90 degrees at about 4.
Nights pleasant. Just realized home base of this site is in Pocatello, this week.
Read Idaho gamy fish dept proclamation :(:( Have to be a resident for 6 mo. to hunt. That sucks.
Realized soda springs is 60 mi. Yikes.

Same in Montana on residency. Some people move here, and keep thier old license plates to save a buck. Oops. Same with drivers license. Oops!Some don't have a permanent mailing address, just a P.O. box. Oops! Not good, for when you start trying to prove up resident status. Whenever you move to a state, establish a legal residence and licenses immediately, if you hope to hunt and fish as a state citizen.

runfiverun
08-22-2009, 10:25 PM
keep your first electric bill this will help to determine your date/month of residence.

BOOM BOOM
09-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Hi,
The school computers block everything.
I have been at the H.S. till about 6pm every day setting up the 2 new math classes I am teaching. When I am not doing that I have kept busy putting insulation & getting ready for the coming winter.
Sat. I did take time to find a place to shoot about 16mi. west of town. I was having withdrawal pains from my 44, so I shot off 100 rounds for relief.

MT Gianni
09-07-2009, 11:20 AM
BHS or Riverside? I used to know a few folks in the Moreland-Pingree area.

BOOM BOOM
09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
HI,
I am Teaching at Blackfoot H.S., math.
Made a exploring dirve N. today. Was looking for a place to shoot my 44.
Went through Firth, Shelly, & saw Idaho Falls before I turned around as on main Hwy. at least I saw no place I felt I could shoot. BLAH!!!
Stopped at a big yards sale on main drag of Firth, and nobody there knew of a place close to go shooting. No gun related stuff for sale eather.
One good thing tho I found a park in Blackfoot I could do a Karate work out at, so I went back to the trailer & changed & did a solo practice for 2 hr.
Then later I drove out W. of town & about 16mi. out found a turn off and a hill I could use as a backstop so got out & shot 100 rounds off. Made my day.
Can not go SE. as that is Fort Hall Indian Res. land so am worred I would get in a heap of troubnle shooting on Indian land.
Am at the Blackfoot public LIb. as it is the only place I can get open computer acces.:Fire::Fire:

runfiverun
09-12-2009, 11:32 PM
don't go shootin on the res.
pocatello has a nice gun range up highline road but the yearly dues are iirc 50 bucks.
there is a nice little gunshop by the walmart in black foot,i heard they have some primers there.
they should know where to shoot.

BOOM BOOM
09-14-2009, 08:20 PM
HI,
Yesterday, I went exploring, drove down hwy 39, through Riverside,Springfield, Rockford,Pingree, & Sterling, to were I could see Aberdeen. This is flat country, saw no place I felt to shoot. Great farm land. I have never hunted land like this.
Always been around mts.
This is whitetail country, so I have been told. Never hunted that species.
Heard the fee to join shooting club was over $100, so was discouraged from going there.

runfiverun
09-14-2009, 10:54 PM
go east find paradise road you'll see where to shoot.

BOOM BOOM
09-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks I'll do that.

Ivantherussian03
09-17-2009, 12:42 AM
I dont know where Blackfoot, Idaho is but u better wear the fox hat!

Sorry could not resist :grin:

longranger
09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
At least Idaho and Montana are 6 mos. residency requirements,Wyoming is 1 year! and they will come after you if they think you are fibbing.I did not even think about applying as a resident until I knew I could prove my residency.
You could not get me out of Wyoming! [smilie=w:

Guesser
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
You may still be able to buy over the counter antelope tags in Wyoming even as an out of state hunter. I know they allowed that a few years ago. Give Wyoming Game and Fish a call or hit their web site.

scrapcan
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Guesser,

You are corerct one will need to look at the leftover license portion of hte site or ask about it when they call WY G&F.

Also for those who have children in Wyoming, you may want to think about buying them the lifetime small game and fishing license and a lifetime conservation stamp. It will work for them even in they have to leave the state for an eduacation or a job.

runfiverun
09-17-2009, 11:16 AM
point my truck northwest from r.s and it knows how to get outta wyoming on it's own..

waksupi
09-17-2009, 01:34 PM
point my truck northwest from r.s and it knows how to get outta wyoming on it's own..

Lamar, ya ever noticed how few people use a road map in the west? You get in the vehicle, and just go! I suppose because there are so few roads, if you head in the general direction, you are bound to get where you are going!

I recall going to several national rendezvous, when we just had a general idea where they were. We spent several mornings up on top of mountains, looking for smoke to locate the camps. Pretty easy to do in the morning hours.

Guesser
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Interesting!!! I remember before the Wilderness act of 1964, there were roads everywhere and you could always shift to low low and engage the hubs and make your own. Not so now and most of the old ones have been obliterated or at the very least removed from the maps available from USFS and BLM, and you never see the term "JEEP ROAD" on a modern back country map. I still have a number of maps and charts for the Bitterroot and the Caribou National Forests in Idaho and Montana that list "JEEP ROADS". I also remember when the "Magruder Corridor" was just part of a national forest road and not even called that name.
Thanks to Idaho's Frank Church we are all forced into conservational PC language.

BOOM BOOM
09-17-2009, 07:14 PM
HI,
Lived in Why. for 2 yrs. taught math at Evanston H.S., great hunting there. Hunted High Untahs . Clinton /Gore were having all the roads torn up. I was up high on the black powder deer hunt, lucky I came down when I did as I cought the Forest Circus just before they left. They had a 'dozer & had torn up the road so bad I could not get through with my 4wd Suburban. I yelled at them & asked how they expected me to get out?
"Oh , were you up there?"
DUAH! Here's your sign!
So they had to move boulders & flatten road so I could get out even in 4WD!
By the way it had been an easy 2 lane, 2WD road on the way up.

runfiverun
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
you go on one of them jeep trails now and you better have your check book in hand.
they are closing several roads in areas that have no other value than to just drive on.
they aren't cutting out any game trail nor disturbing any animals either.
i have no problem walking into an area to hunt, i just don't wanna have to camp along the way.

jim4065
09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
The miserable SOB's have closed most of the roads in the Ozark National Forest to ATV's. No use except on a very few designated trails - and no use on "roads" designated for "road registered" vehicles. Secession is the only answer. [smilie=b:

Guesser
09-19-2009, 03:41 PM
runfiverun: Can you still drive into Caribou City on the Anderson Gulch road off McCoy Creek road?
Its been at least 20 years since I did it.

runfiverun
09-19-2009, 03:56 PM
most of the main roads are still open it's the smaller side roads that have been closed or designated as atv trails so you can generally go over a mountain but thats as far as you go in a truck or jeep.
the bigger problem has been that the main roads are laid out like a grid pattern and cut everything into sections.
it's the atv trails that have been closed,or restricted.and the roads into some of the side canyons.
not a bad tthing but it was kinda nice to go for a ride on those trails in the summer.
now it's up and over and out.

BOOM BOOM
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
HI,
I disagree because they will not even let you use a 4 wheeler to retrieve downed game. When you are 60, have had a hart attack, & have bad knees it means you forget going after anything bigger than deer( and it better not be a big deer). And think twice as you wounder if you can get your animal out. I can not even think of elk anymore as I can not get one out.
Also many of those roads were built with tax money, where not only good for sportmans acess , but also for firefighting.

rtracy2001
11-04-2009, 01:10 AM
HI,
they will not even let you use a 4 wheeler to retrieve downed game.

There is an exception to the no motorized vehicles rule for downed game. take the most direct route and have a copy of the reg book with the exception underlined.

I'm in Pocatello, there are a few places south of town when you can bang off a few rounds without causing too much of a stir, and rumor has it that there is even an indoor range here in town somewhere, though it is lead free (!?!) I still need to get my range pass for 2 1/2 mile road.

Lead Fred
11-04-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm about ready to chuck it all & join you.

/CONCUR

Montana is looking better ever day

runfiverun
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
tracy thats sams he's in old town.
i've bought a few guns from him but have never asked about the range [except for his lead].

BOOM BOOM
11-04-2009, 07:53 PM
HI,
Found the ceder hills gun club 10 mi. outside of Blackfoot. looks to be a nice range.
My comment on the 4-wheeler issue referred to what i have been told by the forest circus rangers in Ut. they are packing & are real serious about enforcement.
RTracy 2001 was your comment about a exception in Idaho?
Or was it everywhere?
Where can I find the exception you quote?

rtracy2001
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
As far as I know, the exceptionis in Idaho only. Look at the "off road restrictions" section in the bid game regs to find it. I threw my regulation book out when I decided not to hunt this year. Didn't have an extra $20 to waste on a tag I won't fill.

MT Gianni
11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
tracy thats sams he's in old town.
i've bought a few guns from him but have never asked about the range [except for his lead].

In the 70's if you bought a pistol from Sam you paid about $20 more than elsewhere. He threw in a used holster and a box of ammo with the deal. It brought me back a few times.

runfiverun
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
gianni i think you are remembering lee aitkin's.
he died about 2 years ago and his kids closed up about 6 months later due to jacking up the prices.
and just [mostly]not caring.
sam just moved into the range recently,[he was on jefferson] it's further north almost to highway 30.

Guesser
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Is Doc's Gun Barn still in business? I used to enjoy rummaging around thru the "stuff" along the north wall.
Lee Aikens was great for that too back in the early 80's, then they screwed it all up by cleaning and organizing.

rtracy2001
11-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Guesser,
Doc's is still there on Jefferson, and probably has most of the same junk along the wall that you remember.

I haven't gone out to Sam's range, but when his shop was over on Jefferson, I always felt like I should keep my hand tight on my wallet. never a good feeling there, I can't really explain why. Only went there twice.

The rumors I hear about the indoor range don't please me. I have heard it is lead free and subsonic/squib load only. Pretty much you have to buy his ammo to shoot there. I could be mistaken as these are only rumors.

MT Gianni
11-06-2009, 01:01 AM
gianni i think you are remembering lee aitkin's.
he died about 2 years ago and his kids closed up about 6 months later due to jacking up the prices.
and just [mostly]not caring.
sam just moved into the range recently,[he was on jefferson] it's further north almost to highway 30.

Probably, thanks Lamar. He was under the overpass downtown?

runfiverun
11-06-2009, 04:34 PM
gianni: yep on the one way main there.
doc is a pretty good guy. he has cleaned up his place quite a bit too.
probably used the funds from many of my purchases to hire a crew to come in.
there is also another shop in pokey i've been to, called davey crockets.
guy runs it from his house but has some neat rifles,and is into the black powder stuff.
he also does some smithing.

MaLar
01-16-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm in Pocatello if your still around. LaMar

horsesoldier
01-16-2014, 06:42 PM
I moved about 7 months ago to troy idaho.Quite a ways north of you.Definitely get Idaho plates as quick as you can. I delayed and I always had a trail camera watching my rig when I was hunting.I wouldnt be in any other state