PDA

View Full Version : buying casting equipment in Canada?

mkaye
07-14-2009, 11:00 AM
i am trying to get into casting, but am having trouble finding anyone with stock
i am looking for:
ingot mold
ladle
.452-255 RNFP 6 cavity mold w/handles
lube & sizing kit for .452

i would like to get everything from 1 place to keep the shipping costs down
i have been waiting for Higginson to get their Lee order, but am still waiting...

mark (Eastern Ontario)

Rockchucker
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I order from Midway a lot and find they don't have everything I need when placing an order. They're pricing seems to be a little lower on a lot of items. Try Graf & Sons, Cheaper than Dirt, Lock and Load. I did order one idem though that was back ordered with Midway, I don't need it real fast so I'll get it when I get it. Hope this helps some.

SilverBow
07-14-2009, 01:29 PM
i am trying to get into casting, but am having trouble finding anyone with stock
i am looking for:
ingot mold
ladle
.452-255 RNFP 6 cavity mold w/handles
lube & sizing kit for .452

i would like to get everything from 1 place to keep the shipping costs down
i have been waiting for Higginson to get their Lee order, but am still waiting...

mark (Eastern Ontario)

There are a number of US retailers that will ship to Canada; unfortunately, MidwayUSA is not one of them.

Here's the places from which I've successfully ordered and had reasonable (USPS) shipping:

Midsouth Shooter's Supply
Lock, Stock, and Barrel
Grafs & Sons
Cabelas.com
Natchezss (although you have to phone in your order)
Kempf

Many of these places charge an additional processing fee for international orders, so make sure you know what the exact total will be. The most difficulty you will have is trying to find all the items your looking for in stock --- I seem to always miss one or two in my order.

And if you aren't already aware, it's best to get product shipped by US Postal Service. Most definitely NOT UPS as they charge exhorbatant "brokerage fees".

Le Loup Solitaire
07-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi, Predicting who has what in stock is a tough trick. Forget Midway as they play games with postage and Cabellas are funny with their prices. I have dealt a lot with Midsouth Shooters, Natchez and Grafs. MidSouth has been for me the best for many years. They have a website;...WWW.midsouthshooters.com and an online catalog. Their toll free number is 1-800-272-3000. They ship to Canada and are totally honest on the shipping charges. On ingot molds,,,Lee is the cheapest and very practical. Their ladle is silly-hardly more than a spoon; you're better off with a Lyman dipper which costs more (around $14.) Best is an RCBS but is around $20. For sizing Lee makes an economical kit for .452 currently listed at $14but you have to pan or tumble lube first and its a push thru type--slow but it works...and a lot,lot cheaper than a lubrisizer. Check it all out on Midsouth's site. You can see all the Lee stuff on their website, but the prices will be lower at Midsouths. LLS

blackthorn
07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Wherever you buy ask what shipping mode they use. If they say UPS tell them you want your order shipped some other way! I just got stung by UPS when they charged me over 34.oo on a 79.00 order of which 19.00 was shipping! I will never accept another order if it is shipped UPS!!

gregory1
07-14-2009, 08:09 PM
I just received a lube heater $40.50 from Midsouthshooters.They charged me $4.05 US for Intl paper work and $24.45 US for shipping charges (USPS) Total was $70.75 US weight of package was 3.5 lbs .The item was sent to me in Quebec Canada.Maybe check around first there are better deals around.

flinchnjerk
07-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Tried Wholesale Sports or Russell Sporting Goods in Calgary?

Gunlaker
07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure if they stock all of what you are looking for, but Buffalo Arms has casting equipment and they definitely ship to Canada. I've ordered stuff from them a number of times.

Chris.