PDA

View Full Version : Amarillo Gun Show

Freightman
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Spent from 11:00AM to 4:#) Pm there lots of way over priced guns, and lots of black guns not much activity even though there were a lot of people there.
$75- 1000 primers, none selling, $800- 1000 Lake City .223 none selling, heard one of the black rifle dealers say "well I guess the rush is over"! I think the money is getting tight, heard one say he took credit cards to one fellow and the man said "my CC bank has lowered my credit limit so no more credit purcheses"! Well I sold what I needed to sell an departed, PS I saw 440 rounds of surplus 7.62x54 marked $180 I have 800+ setting in my ammo lockup and no rifle to shoot them in, but think I will hold on to them, might need the componants or even get a rifle.

JDFuchs
07-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Im glad to hear things are finlay starting to stay in stock. Soon hopefully thell drop in price.

http://www.jgsales.com normaly has some at decent prices right now some for $80. A store near to me http://jensenarms.com/ has them for $90. so with out an FFL or shiping fees quite cheep for me.

beagle
07-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Kinda good to see the gun show dealers having a hard time for a change. They been sucking our blood for too long (at least some of them)./beagle

DLCTEX
07-11-2009, 09:53 PM
A friend asked me to go with him, but I'm having some inner ear problems and declined. Sounds as if I didn't miss much. Got called out on a electrical problem on a water well in 102 degrees. If the wind hadn't been 25 mph it would have been really bad.

Frank46
07-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Was in our local wal mart and wonder of wonders they had ammo. Grand total of 4 boxes winchester white box 9mm. Thats the most pistol ammo I've seen there since
this has begun. Frank

big dale
07-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Gun shows have been going down hill since they started letting folks that have an FFL do business at them.

Big Dale

windrider919
07-12-2009, 01:37 AM
What is really bad is that there is a push to ban all non-FFL sales at gun shows to prevent New York (and surrounding) people from coming down to southern states and buying. There was a report that the New York State Attorney general and the BATF were pushing to have a federal law passed. Saw it in a left behind copy of the New York Times while in the local coffee shop. Supposedly they were combining it with the supposed Mexican gang gun purchase problem.

Then I read {at http://www.jimpruett.net/Home/ , Texas most notorious gun store} that the number of US guns actually captured in Mexico were less than 10% and the rest were from the Mexican army and off the world weapons trade, not the US after all. we are being conned again.

mike in co
07-12-2009, 01:51 AM
What is really bad is that there is a push to ban all non-FFL sales at gun shows to prevent New York (and surrounding) people from coming down to southern states and buying. There was a report that the New York State Attorney general and the BATF were pushing to have a federal law passed. Saw it in a left behind copy of the New York Times while in the local coffee shop. Supposedly they were combining it with the supposed Mexican gang gun purchase problem.

Then I read {at http://www.jimpruett.net/Home/ , Texas most notorious gun store} that the number of US guns actually captured in Mexico were less than 10% and the rest were from the Mexican army and off the world weapons trade, not the US after all. we are being conned again.

yes selective reporting of the facts.
they say" a large portion of guns taken in mexico came from america"
the truth is " of all the guns captured in mexico, some( a very small "some") are sent to the states for tracking. of the small some, a lot are from the usa.....lol.
so while most guns come from outside the usa, a lot (of the small sample sent to the usa for tracking) are from the usa.....they only send up ones that appear to be us mfg.....lol

its hype to try more anti gun bs......

do not believe the talking heads

mike in co