PDA

View Full Version : Primers Coming In

Terrier
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Just got a call from my reloading component supplier letting me know that he had SP primers for me. He stated that some of the ammo is starting to come in and his distributors feel that things are starting to head back to normal. I have noticed that casting equipment is more availble today than just a few weeks ago.
Terrier

Down South
07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I got this off the Powder Valley site just a few minutes ago. Kind of pricy for Wolf but at least they are getting them.

We are due to receive a primer shipment from Wolf on July 15. Wolf has provided us with a list of what items we will receive. Based on this information all customers who have a backorder dating June 30 or before should be shipped within one week of Powder Valley receiving the primers. Wolf had a 25% price increase on their primers. All primers will be shipped at the new price.

Terrier
07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm still paying under $30.00/M for CCI or WW which ever comes in. I'm not sure why anyone would be raising prices 25% at a time when demand is leveling off or dropping and supplies are starting to free up.
Terrier

JesterGrin_1
07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Yep but what I feel is wrong is that if you have placed an order to purchase at an item at a given price and then they say they will not go by that but add 25% is just wrong.

But I think they know they have us by the nuts as one might say.

HeavyMetal
07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Bear in mind if the price went up 25% it went up for them as well as for us and they have no choice but to pass it on or not sell primers!

Thats a tough call! Be aware this statement also allows anyone with a back order to call and cancel if they don't like the increase!

I've had vendor's raise the price on an order and let me know when I was "invoiced" and not before!

That really gets your goat! In my case several phone calls got the price rectified but not before a threat to shift all future orders to a back up vendor had to be made.

Sadly with primers I don't see a "Back up Vendor" on the horizon!

IcerUSA
07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
My supplier still hasn't gotten a full order of primers yet so he rations his . He did say that ammo is starting to come in for pistols tho . Primers cost $30.99 + tax so not too bad .

Keith

mike in co
07-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Yep but what I feel is wrong is that if you have placed an order to purchase at an item at a given price and then they say they will not go by that but add 25% is just wrong.

But I think they know they have us by the nuts as one might say.

multiple ways to look at it....they would sell u all u want from inventory at the old price...but of course there is no old inventory..

whine if you wish but this is how retail sales work......the price increase is passed on to the customer...
how long would a business stay open selling at less than cost ?( before you answer...remember powder valley has over 50 million back ordered in just primers..not all wolf...which is why you may actually get some soon.)

wolf informed the distributors earlier in the year to expect a price increase. remember that a 25% increase on wolf is still under $30/k.....28/29 i'd guess.

mike in co

Trey45
07-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I got a call from a buddy last week telling me about primers for sale, all they had was large and small rifle, and I don';t need either one, but the price was still too high for my taste, 42 bucks per thousand. Whew!

mike in co
07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
25.50 plus ship and hazmat....on wolf at pv(i think that is the new price)

markinalpine
07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
...as I wasn't about 2 weeks ago. Natchez got some CCI (I think) LPs in, but they were gone by the time I was able to get to my computer. :groner:
They got Remington LPs in last week, but I was ready for them and placed an order for 2000. Could have bought 5K, but I told the salesman (I had called their 800 number) that I wasn't going to be greedy, 2K was all I wanted at the time, along with some powder that I hadn't ordered since I needed LP primers. The CCIs were going for $26/K, and I paid 26.99/K for the Remmies.
I'm happy now. :bigsmyl2:
Mark :bootgive:

Tom Herman
07-09-2009, 08:45 AM
The local store has Fed LP primers out the wazzoo at $50/M.... They were $55/M.
I saw a whole case come in, but at that price, with availability getting better, they can keep every single one of them.
They must have had about 5K of primers sitting there, no one is buying.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

BABore
07-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm still paying under $30.00/M for CCI or WW which ever comes in. I'm not sure why anyone would be raising prices 25% at a time when demand is leveling off or dropping and supplies are starting to free up.
Terrier

I assume your talking about Dan's. I just picked up a brick of CCI 500's from him yesterday. They were 30.95 I believe. The distributers jacked his price up about $4-$5 in the last several months. He's been steadily getting in primers in small amount every month. Powder is kinda normal now.

Boz330
07-09-2009, 01:35 PM
25% puts Wolf at about the same price as everyone else before the shortage. If the name brands go up 25%, which is a good bet, they will still be a good buy. I stocked up on Wolfs day after the election and what I've used them on I can't tell any difference. I do have certain comp guns that have a preference for Rem LP and CCI BR2s, but I have some of each and for everything else I use the Wolfs.

Bob

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I can wait, and hope that some of the scalpers experience financial difficulties if not bankruptcy

Rich
DRSS

jcw1970
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Natchez has CCI LP in stock.

skeet1
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Now that the price is way up, I bet it doesn't come back down much if at all.

Skeet1

GabbyM
07-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Natchez has CCI LP in stock.

They didn't last long as they're gone now.
I did pick up 2K LR match CCI at powder Vaslley this morning. Still show them.

madman
07-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I just got my order of 25 thousand to share with my friends and Family they were only 22.00 a thousand for Magtech small pistol mag. I also bought 4 thousand from Sportswear house fro 24 bucks and some change. They also had great deals on 8 lbs of powder. at 109.00 for 8 lbs. 1 pounders were running from 16.88 to 35.00 a pound The V V powder was the most expensive.

IcerUSA
07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Yep , that be Dan I got some from , BABore . One thing about Dan is he will tell scalpers who want 10k to go away and not come back . :)

Keith