PDA

View Full Version : Good clean lead......lots of it!!!

Bullshead
04-14-2005, 10:40 PM
30 cents a pound.

It's in 30 pound pigs and I just got a report back from a casting friend who says it's clean and alloys easily.

I'm getting 3,000 pounds next week.

Who wants some?

Bill
Rock Hill, SC

Bigscot
04-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Any idea what the alloy is or how it compares to w/w?
I might be able to come down and take some off your hands.

Bigscot

trooperdan
04-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Bullshead, I'm close enough to make a trip for some; drop me an email with particulars please.

Bullshead
04-15-2005, 06:50 PM
The lead comes in "pigs" of about 30lbs each.

I had a friend recently analyze the lead and it's clean but not alloyed.
It needs some tin for hardness.

But at the price I'm not complaining.

I'm going to take delivery of 2,000 lbs next week.

felix
04-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Bullshead, before the fellows come down, try and locate a car radiator repair shop somewhere around where you live. They would have a bunch of junk solder which is 60 percent tin, and 40 percent lead. Then, all of you guys can participate and clean that stuff up, and you won't ever need any more tin for the remainder of the lead stash you came up with. Offer 30 cents per pound of cleaned solder in retrospect. ... felix

nvbirdman
04-16-2005, 01:10 AM
As I said on the old CB forum, get three Flat Rate Priority boxes at the Post Office, fill them up and tell me how much money to send you.
nvbirdman
rday@oasisol.com

Willbird
04-16-2005, 08:17 AM
I would not offer .30 for cleaned solder, the last I bought I got 300 lbs and they were glad to get .10 an lb

what is cleaned out of the solder when you smelt it is nassssssty stuff and not easily disposed of.

don't spoil the guys by paying too much for scrap lead, prices are down.

Locally you should be able to get WW for .10 an lb or less, range lead with jackets mixed in .05 or less (my range lead is running 30% jackets, which will sell for .30 an lb or so), and both those kinds of metal already have goodstuff in them besides lead.

Bill

BLTsandwedge1
04-17-2005, 12:19 PM
My hat is off to you Bullshead, anyone who buys a ton of lead at a time has to be one of the all-time most devoted bullet casters here. You did say $600 per ton (.30 per pound)....just a minute......there- out of the recycle bin- I do have Thursday's Street! London metals exchange, page C12- lead - spot, three months (presumably a trailing average, I don't know much about metal trading) $947 per metric ton (I think that's about 1.1 US ton, correct me if I'm wrong). Looks like you're buying at about a 39% discount to the ask. I assume the London Exchange quotes on pure virgin metals.

Best regards...........

easy ed
05-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Bullshead

Do you still have lead for sale?

Thanks

Easy Ed