PDA

View Full Version : Kiowa and Precious

odinohi
07-07-2009, 05:14 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14573&stc=1&d=1246957915This may be inappropreate, but its been 3 months since my wife and I lost our little 3 lb 5 yearold Yorkie Kiowa. She had a brain tumor and was in terrible pain as we still are now. Four days after we put her down our oldest pet Precious got sick. Vet said lossing Kiowa brought out the cancer that had been building in her kidneys. We tried to have the vets flush out her kidneys so we could spend a couple more days with her, but she died at the vet hospital on Easter Sunday, alone in a GD kennel. That was a big mistake leaving her there alone. A mistake that I beat myself up over everyday since. Hopefully you guys with dogs will understand me putting this thread here. Tom

Boz330
07-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Many of us do understand. They can be just like family and in some cases more loyal. My condolances.

Bob

45caster
07-07-2009, 08:46 AM
We do understand its hard to lose our pets .Sorry for your loss.

Heavy lead
07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I understand with tears on the keyboard. Don't beat yourself up over that Precious knew and knows that she was loved. You'll see them both again as they are with each other now.

wallenba
07-07-2009, 09:40 AM
I understand completely. My dog Bud was terminally ill and could hardly stand up after a recent fall. I made an appointment to see the vet about making him more comfortable. On the way there he just kept looking at me with sad eyes. The vet told me it was time, but it was up to me. I let him go that day, and sometimes I see him in my mind as he watched me, and I wonder if I should have let him come home to die. It haunts me. He was nearly seventeen.

Dean D.
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I certainly understand your loss Tom, we recently had to have one of our old dogs put down. Her system was shutting down and she was very very uncomfortable. I know the guilt feeling but I keep reminding myself that she is no longer suffering. Remember the time you had with them, it is special.

NVcurmudgeon
07-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Tom, we can understand and sympathize with why you had to post this thread. We still miss Bo the Cockapoo who we had to put down two years ago at age 15. For the last year we have had our lives made better by Milo the Brigle, a two time loser from the Humane Society but now in his forever home. Another dog can't replace Precious or Kiowa, but can make his own place in your lives and brighten yours.

largom
07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Tom, I truly understand your feelings since they are the same as mine. We lost our two dogs 2 yrs. ago. One was 18 yrs. old and the other 15. I am 65 yrs. old and had not cried so hard since I was 5. I told my wife no more pets, it's just too hard when they pass on.
Larry

odinohi
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Tom, I truly understand your feelings since they are the same as mine. We lost our two dogs 2 yrs. ago. One was 18 yrs. old and the other 15. I am 65 yrs. old and had not cried so hard since I was 5. I told my wife no more pets, it's just too hard when they pass on.
Larry

Dont be afraid to get another. We got another puppy immeadiatly. Our other two dogs were very depressed as were we. We drove 2.5 hours to get her and it was worth it. Funny thing is once we got her home, our other two didnt want anything to do with her. Shes a crazy puppy. Yorkie/Maltese mix. We love her too! I'll post a pic of her when I have more time. Thanks for the words and your storys. Tom

mroliver77
07-11-2009, 05:40 PM
od,
My condolences. Good lookin couple of pets there. It sounds like they were lucky dogs. Cry all you need to. God made a special kind of love we share with our pets.
Jay

kywoodwrkr
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
My condolences.
And family is family!
Plain and simple.
Dave

Nick10Ring
09-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I had 2 Border Collies. We rescued Elroy when he was 6. He was the best dog. He was 15 when he died on Superbowl sunday this year. I still grieve over him. He went with us by his side and his sister,our 4 yr. old Border Collie Bella.

Bella helps with the loss and she is by my side constantly.

I know what your going through. You'll be with your companions again someday.

Nick

Geraldo
09-05-2009, 02:26 PM
My condolences. Dogs aren't human, but they do mean a lot to us.

Dont be afraid to get another. We got another puppy immeadiatly.

I agree wholeheartedly. We had to have our two labs put down within a couple of months of each other in 2004. I felt kind of bad a couple of months later when I brought home a new pup, but after I got him home I realized how empty the house was without a dog. The two we have now are adults and we are on the list for another pup.

shdwlkr
09-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Tom
Overf the years I have lost many pets never easy. My first dog ever had cancer and had to be put down at home and I was just a teenage kid. Next got some German Shepards lost them a couple of decades later. Next got to sheep dogs lost them at about 6-8 years old one from lightening hitting the fence and the other from loneliness just few months later. Next dogs lost because I had to move into a rental place and they wouldn't stop barking.
I have a miniature Australian Shepard now and one of her pups and three cats and I have lost lots of them and have one now that is very old and I will loose her someday. She has been the best cats, she hung in there while I went through a nasty divorce and was always there to get a pet or just to get my mind off the nasty things going on. Traveled to many places with me and is curled up with me right now.
I think people who don't like animals are not to be trusted as there is something wrong with them.
Get some more when you can and remember one day you will be with them again and then you will never loose them again.

Shiloh
09-07-2009, 10:25 AM
So Sorry.

It is emotional and physical pain when losing pets. The hardest thing for me to do was put down our 14 year old Schnauser/Westy mix. We have new dogs now, but think of Benson daily. Not a day goes by.

SHiloh

DLCTEX
09-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. I had to have my German Shepard, Duke, put down due to a tumor. I wasn't brave enough to stay with him to the end and felt I had betrayed him. I had wanted no more pets, due to the hurt, but now we have Slade, another German Shepard, who is quickly becoming a spoiled family member. May your pain heal quickly. DALE

odinohi
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I think people who don't like animals are not to be trusted as there is something wrong with them.

This is the exact same thing that our nieghbor lady says. I think of her saying that all the time. So true. Thanks everyone for the kind words. Its been 5 months now and the tears are fewer. We have gotten another dog. Her name is Maggie and shes now 6 months old. Yorkie/Maltese mix. Crazy little turd! She actually does alot of the same stuff Kiowa did. We got her within a week after losing our 2 angles. She has helped us through alot.