PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever...

AZ-Stew
07-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Anyone ever buy powder from Midway USA?

I considered myself lucky a week and a half ago to find that Midway had 8# kegs of H-380 available and that I had money at the same time. When I placed my order there was a warning on their order page telling me the powder wouldn't ship for three weeks. No problem. I have about 2/3 of a pound and don't plan to use all of it within the next three weeks. I also ordered some other odds and ends which arrived last Friday. (Interestingly, the odds were more expensive than the ends.)

I was pleasantly surprised when I got home from work this evening to find that the H-380 had been delivered, only a week and a half after ordering it. I hadn't expected it to ship for another week and a half.

Another surprise was that it came from Western Powders in Montana, the guys who supply Accurate and Ram Shot powders. It came with literature for Montana Extreme cleaning supplies and load data for Ram Shot and Accurate powders.

My cost per pound was 20.94/pound delivered. That's $.05 cheaper than Sportsman's Warehouse price before sales tax.

I'm not a cheerleader for Midway. I usually buy as much of what I need as I can from Midsouth Shooter's Supply in TN., but in this case, I got a good deal from Midway, and they exceeded expectations on the shipping date.

Regards,

Stew

leadman
07-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Was that with the hazmat charge?

AZ-Stew
07-07-2009, 12:28 AM
As I said, that was the delivered-to-my-door price. $134.99 powder, $22.50 HAZMAT, $9.95 shipping. $167.48/8=$20.935 per pound.

Regards,

Stew

GabbyM
07-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Last time I purchased powder and primers from them. They charged me for two haz mat fees. Their reason was they ship from two locations. If I'd known up front I wouldn't have ordered from them.

Alchemist
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Midway ships primers from the Columbia, MO facility...powder is shipped directly from the distributor. About 2 years ago I got 12 pounds of Ramshot powder thru Midway for $150.00 to my door. At that time Midway stated that powder was shipped from remote location...haven't checked lately to see if that's still the case.