PDA

View Full Version : Winchester closing it's doors?

Hardcast
03-19-2006, 11:49 PM
So by now probably everyone had heard that the Winchester factory is closing. This is indeed very sad, but I have a question. Is this just the firearms manufacturing plant, or is the entire line of Winchester products(powder, brass, primers, loaded ammuntion) going too?

RugerFan
03-20-2006, 12:44 AM
They are closing the New Haven plant and the models being manufactured there (94, 70, and 1300) are going away (at least for now). Models made in Japan (86, 92, and 95 lever actions) will still be produced. Not sure about Win ammo and components, but I assume that stuff will stick around.

Buckshot
03-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Other Winchester components were manufactured or procured by the owner of the Winchester trademark, Olin Chemical co. They're just gonna keep on keeping on.

..............Buckshot

Hardcast
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
That's good to know. I use Winchester components for a large part of my handloading needs. Thanks much for the answers.

StarMetal
03-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Here's the latest about USR (Winchester) from my friend that works at one of the machineshops that made parts for them. He said: I went to work last night and heard that all the USR "Winchester" tooling was or will be shipped to Marlin.

Well how about that. Now I wonder is they were just wanting newer and better equipment or if the plan on making Marchesters?

Joe

9.3X62AL
03-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh, horrors......a CRF Model 70 with Micro-grooves. That would be like taking spray paint to the Sistine Chapel.

StarMetal
03-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Maybe not Deputy Al....after all Winchester did have a state of the art hammer forge rifling machine. How about name instead of Marchester......Winlin :roll:

Joe