PDA

View Full Version : Please help with hornady powder drop problem

parrott1969
07-04-2009, 08:20 AM
I have been trying to set up my hornady lnl for 9mm, however the powder drop is giving me a headache. No matter what i do i can not adjust it to dump powder. It is like it doesnt have enough travel to raise the dump. I have tried everything i can think of, lowering the linkage, raiseing it, kicking and swearing at it, nothing works. I am desperate, I even (excuse me guy's I am really desperate) asked my wife if she had any ideas!:Fire::(

wallenba
07-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't use much Hornady equipment but the lnl looks similar to most rotor dispensers. Is this a problem with limited travel movement? Or is it just that nothing is coming out? I once had an RCBS Uniflow that sat for years without use. Then, when I pulled it out to use again, it would not dispense. Finally, I discovered that a spider had set up shop in the discharge chute blocking it off.

parrott1969
07-04-2009, 08:45 AM
the problem is that the rotor does not travel enough. If i adjust it so that it fills then it will not travel enough to dump, if i adjust it to dump then it will not travel far enough down to fill. It really has me bum fusseled. With longer cases it works fine.

1Shirt
07-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Suggest you call Hornady directly, and or e-mail them or write them concerning the problem. I would bet a yankee dollar that they would be more than willing to help you correct and solve your problem. They are good folks to deal with.
1Shirt!:coffee:

oldhickory
07-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Make sure you have the correct sleeve or bushings in the spout, (refer to your manual, also on Hornady's website they have instructional "help" videos that are VERY GOOD). You will need to take the measure off the pedistal to change the bushings/sleeves, they drop out from the top. Also, if this is your first time using it, make sure you disassemble it and degrease it...This is very important for proper operation!

Here's the link for the videos;https://www.hornady.com/inst_video_cs.php

Remember the LNL powder measure is case sensitave, no case...No powder.

This should get you on the right track.:-D

wallenba
07-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Sorry Parrot Idid not understand that you were using it in a progressive set up. Did you try the FAQ's at Hornady's website. I peeked over there and they were talking about a conversion kit for an AP set up. Is this you?

parrott1969
07-04-2009, 09:38 AM
This came set up from hornady for my progressive. I took it apart and cleaned everything thourghly. I have tried everything from help sections to asking the white devil ( wife ). I have double checked the bushing and it is correct. It just doesnt make sense. I worked like a charm when i had it set up for 38's.

oldhickory
07-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Try adjusting the pedistal down a little, in the video it shows them loading .32acp, a lot shorter than 9mm.