PDA

View Full Version : Magma Cast Master orifice plates

MakeMineA10mm
07-04-2009, 01:04 AM
OK, I've been using my Cast Master with the single orifice plate, and I've been tempted to play with a dual-orifice plate, but I've got a couple questions, if anyone here has one:

1. Is the plate something I could make myself?

2. How far apart are the holes? (I.E. Do they match up with the space between cavities on the Lyman and Lee moulds?)

fredj338
07-04-2009, 01:23 PM
OK, I've been using my Cast Master with the single orifice plate, and I've been tempted to play with a dual-orifice plate, but I've got a couple questions, if anyone here has one:

1. Is the plate something I could make myself?

2. How far apart are the holes? (I.E. Do they match up with the space between cavities on the Lyman and Lee moulds?)

I didn't know they came w/ a single orifice plate. Mine, albigth older, came w/ a duoble. I have molds from Magma, RCBS, LYMAN & Saeco for it & they all work fine. I imagine you could make one, I believe it is just screwed to the bottom of the pot. I can measure the distance between holes if you are interested in trying to make one.

runfiverun
07-04-2009, 01:46 PM
the double is a single with two holes and a little trough between them.
and yes they do line up with lyman and rcbs holes,as a matter of fact they are awesome for 4 and 6 cav molds, as the fill time is greatly reduced and will keep those pesky aluminum molds up to temp easily.

MakeMineA10mm
07-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Thanks guys!

Fred - I'll just measure the hole spacing between the holes in the sprue-cutter plates on my moulds, and go with that.

funfive - those pesky aluminum moulds are a big motivator. Warms them up to operating temp quicker too, I bet. That's what I'm looking for!

GabbyM
07-05-2009, 11:42 AM
A little tip. If your cap screws are stuck tight. Plug in the pot and allow it to warm up some.

MakeMineA10mm
07-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks Gabby. Good tip.

Just saw your address line. I'll PM you to compare addresses! ;-)