PDA

View Full Version : Caster near Lima, Oh

Izzie45895
07-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi folks,
Sorry if this is in the wrong place...........

There used to be a guy casting lead south of Lima, Oh that we used to get .45s from.
Alas, after a few years layoff from reloading, I no longer have his contact info. Anyone know of this guy or anyone in the vicinity(NW Ohio) that casts(and sells) lead bullets? Hate to pay the outrageous shipping prices............

Thanks much in advance,

Iz

Willbird
07-03-2009, 03:41 PM
You should be able to have your bullets shipped to you by flat rate usps. 70 lbs for $10.35

Bill

44man
07-03-2009, 04:05 PM
SOOOOOOO much better to make your own too. :Fire:

Cherokee
07-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't know anyone near Lima, there is someone near me in Medina but I cast my own. With a flat rate box, you can get them from anywhere in the US, as mentioned by Willbird. And welcome to the froum.

Firebricker
07-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I know there small shops in Marion and Cardington selling reloaded ammo but not sure if they
sell components. I'll look later for one of the business cards I got from a gun show.

But I gotta go with 44man much better to make your own! FB

nighthunter
07-03-2009, 08:22 PM
There used to be a commercial caster not too far from Zanesville OH. He went out of business about 4 or 5 years ago because the feds got after him about air quality in his shop. Would have cost him too much money to meet their specifications.

Nighthunter

wallenba
07-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Was it Bedwell castings? I live in south Michigan, and used to get these. I've googled the name and got nothing. I still have a bag of 240 gr 44's, but the label has no address.

Trapshooter
07-04-2009, 09:02 AM
There was a place called Cast House near Lima that used to supply the gun shops here near Toledo, but I haven't seen any of their products for years. If you are looking for a local source, there is another commercial caster in Belfountain, Vance Bullets, which is still in business. They sell to gun shops, and at several area gun shows. I used their products for years before I started casting. (Still have a pile of their 35 cal pistol bullets). Target Barn (www.targetbarn.com) in Sylvania also handles commercial cast.

I'm sure there are others in the region.

Trapshooter

Aegis
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
There was a guy who lived in Shawnee. He passed away a few years ago. His kids auction off everything he had. I would have loved to gotten the 1 ton ingots he had.

Shepherd2
07-09-2009, 07:36 AM
I haven't seen this guy for a couple years but he used to show up at some matches to shoot and sell his bullets. I got this info from his business card:

Dave Dougherty
Belmont, Ohio
740 484 1634
Email: ryand@1st.net

Might be worth a try.