PDA

View Full Version : Redman's

leadeye
07-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Anybody have a Broomhandle relined by Redman's and if so how did you like it? I have two that need work.:grin:

leftiye
07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I've been trying to get them to rebore a .22 S&W K-frame barrel to .25 cal. (1 in14), and they just don't retrurn my calls. Is there a trick to getting in touch with them?

fourarmed
07-02-2009, 05:26 PM
I had them reline a 73 Winchester .44WCF some years back. They did a good job, but the liner was advertised to be .428 groove diameter, and it turned out to be more like .431. Bullets that fit the bore won't chamber.

John Taylor
07-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Redman's liners are made from 4130 aircraft tube and button rifled. some tubes may spring more than others giving a different bore/groove size. T.J.'s liners are made from the same tube but hammer forged, giving a more defined rifling and better size IMHO. I have not installed any liners on broom handles but have bored a few of the 30 cal out to 9MM. There's not a lot of room to mess with a liner on a broom handle.

broomhandle
07-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi leadeye,

I had two broomhandles done by Redmans! Figure about 8 weeks at best for turn around.

Both of them are SUPER accurate .

I had a nice 1930 model relined back to 30 cal it shoots to point of aim!
The other is a 1926 bolo, that he re- bored to 9 mm, again it shoots like a dream!

A place called the Broom Closet in Fl. will do it cheaper & faster.

-----BUT -----

They seem to have some trained monkeys that do about 80% of the work & it stinks. :(:( some of the relines have come loose & /OR the bore is off center .
I have seen a few of them .

Go to the 1896 C-96 fourum for more info.

Best,
broomhandle