PDA

View Full Version : Dreilling gunsmith needed

Wayne Smith
03-18-2006, 01:46 PM
A friend of mine has a dreilling made in the 1930's that needs the color casehardening re-done, the barrels re-soldered and re-blued. Anyone know anyone in the states who can do this?

waksupi
03-18-2006, 06:24 PM
A friend of mine has a dreilling made in the 1930's that needs the color casehardening re-done, the barrels re-soldered and re-blued. Anyone know anyone in the states who can do this?

Wayne, the only person who comes to mind, would be Monte Mandarino. His number is 406-257-6208. If he doesn't want to do it himself, he may be able to recommend someone.

AkMike
03-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Keith Kearcher of Bend Ore. has a good reputation with this.

http://members.toast.net/keithkearcher/

versifier
03-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Wayne,
My most sincere and heartfelt congratulations for being the first person in recent memory who knows how to spell the word "dreilling", and this includes (especially) the hacks in the glossy gun rags!![smilie=p: [smilie=p: :drinks: I am so sick of seeing "drilling" that I want to puke. It's like seeing "bullets" when what is meant is "cartridges", or for that matter "lead bullets". :mrgreen: Not that I'm the Grammar Police, but I feel one should give credit when and where credit is due. Good man, Wayne, and good luck in your quest.

Beau Cassidy
03-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Doug Turnbull can but you better go mortgage your house first.

Beau

Wayne Smith
03-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Versifier

Thanks to my HS Deutsch teacher!