PDA

View Full Version : Wrong kind of Dentist

The Double D
06-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Broke a tooth over the week end, so had the wife get me an appointment at the Dentist. Haven't been to the Dentist here yet, so I really don't know him.

They got me in this afternoon. Went in and they put me in the chair and took an x-ray. After the Lady took the Xray, I asked if it had a lead backer...."yes, and you can't have it, we cast bullets!"

Darn, why couldn't I have found a non shooting Dentist. :(

oneokie
06-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Win some, lose some. :???:

klcarroll
06-29-2009, 07:08 PM
........After the Lady took the Xray, I asked if it had a lead backer...."yes, and you can't have it, we cast bullets!" :(

Well, ......At least you know he's on your side!!

Here in "The People's Republic of Illinois", I rarely mention my shooting hobbies to people like dentists: .....I don't want to be reported to the Department of Homeland Security as a "Homegrown Terrorist"! (LOL, ....but crying at the same time!)

Kent

Beekeeper
06-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey according to the FBI branch involved with homeland security you already are a terroist
You own a gun!!

beekeeper

klcarroll
06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey according to the FBI branch involved with homeland security you already are a terroist
You own a gun!!

beekeeper

Well, ........According to those same people, returning veterans are also "Security Threats"!!!

....And I am Humbled and Proud to be included in that sort of company!!!

Kent

montana_charlie
06-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Darn, why couldn't I have found a non shooting Dentist.
If he wasn't a shooter, he would probably have already switched over to digital x-rays.
CM

trk
06-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Broke a tooth over the week end, so had the wife get me an appointment at the Dentist. Haven't been to the Dentist here yet, so I really don't know him.

They got me in this afternoon. Went in and they put me in the chair and took an x-ray. After the Lady took the Xray, I asked if it had a lead backer...."yes, and you can't have it, we cast bullets!"

Darn, why couldn't I have found a non shooting Dentist. :(

SO, did you invite them to the cannon shoot? :)

Old Ironsights
06-29-2009, 08:46 PM
SO, did you invite them to the cannon shoot? :)
+1 Or ANY shoot... we folks gotta stick together...

The Double D
06-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Actually they asked me if I had gone to the Victorian Rifle shoot this past weekend, why yes, I ran it. Did tell them about the cannon shoot.

JIMinPHX
06-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Maybe you can pay for the dental work with WW. ;-)

Jim
06-30-2009, 03:36 AM
Dat's a LOTTA WWs!

Tom W.
06-30-2009, 04:27 AM
Just be leery if he has a lot of miniature "ivory" sculptures for sale.....

armyrat1970
06-30-2009, 05:55 AM
Well, ........According to those same people, returning veterans are also "Security Threats"!!!

....And I am Humbled and Proud to be included in that sort of company!!!

Kent

Amen to That!

trk
06-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Actually they asked me if I had gone to the Victorian Rifle shoot this past weekend, why yes, I ran it. Did tell them about the cannon shoot.

Somehow I KNEW the answer before I asked! ;)

TAWILDCATT
06-30-2009, 09:22 AM
you subscribe to gun magazines your on the list.but I bet the WACO terroists are not on the list.:coffee:[smilie=1:

armyrat1970
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
you subscribe to gun magazines your on the list.but I bet the WACO terroists are not on the list.:coffee:[smilie=1:

Well I guess it's good I don't subscribe to any. I just pick them up from time to time when I go into WallyWorld or a local food Mart. And yes. I don't know if your's does carry them but mine do. And of course if "Big Brother" wanted to, they can always follow the paper trail that can lead right to your door.
Do you pay with cash, plastic or check?

klcarroll
07-01-2009, 09:55 AM
...... And of course if "Big Brother" wanted to, they can always follow the paper trail that can lead right to your door.
Do you pay with cash, plastic or check?

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that would have made me laugh, if it wasn't so true!

It read:

"1984" WAS NOT WRITTEN AS AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Kent

Ed Barrett
07-01-2009, 01:37 PM
My dentist goes to Africa every year to hunt. I load .416 Rem Mags with Barnes solids for him. Can't talk him into cast shooting. At over $100 per 20 for the .416's he didn't do a lot of practice, now with reloads at least he's shooting a little more. He's gotten a couple of one shot cape Buffs with my reloads.

Russ in WY
07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
I have two dentist offices here in Cheyenne that keep them for Me. My own, & the one across the street from him. Neither know about the other ,& I think I will keep it that way. Russ.

Pay Back is Donuts for both...

MakeMineA10mm
07-05-2009, 02:04 AM
I have two dentist offices here in Cheyenne that keep them for Me. My own, & the one across the street from him. Neither know about the other ,& I think I will keep it that way. Russ.

Pay Back is Donuts for both...

Now, I pay my cousin (mechanic) with donuts for saving his old WWs for me, but DENTISTS accept DONUTS!?!?!? (I suppose they have a good dental plan.... :roll: :mrgreen: )

armyrat1970
07-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Now, I pay my cousin (mechanic) with donuts for saving his old WWs for me, but DENTISTS accept DONUTS!?!?!? (I suppose they have a good dental plan.... :roll: :mrgreen: )

They probably set them out in the lobby for their patients. Helps to drum up a little more business over time.:)

theperfessor
07-05-2009, 05:30 PM
My father tells me the dentist in the little town he grew up in used to give away Jew's Harps to kids...