PDA

View Full Version : bullet lube.... well kind of!!!

tmak
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I have to share with you all my story of lube making. I have been making bp lube for a long time now but never any smokless so i thought i would try a batch of felix which looks like it turned out good we will see in time when I have a chance to hit the range with reports to follow. The funny part of the lube making was that I had the whole mess out and going and was a little low on my bp lube (beeswax and peanut oil) so I made up a batch. After rolling my sticks in wax paper my wife couldn't believe how much softer my hands were after handling all that bp lube. She asked if she could try it on her feet. So back out to the hot plate and another batch but this time I added some lanolin and some lavender smelly oil my wife had. Well this morning she can't believe how much better feet feel who knew????? Now I'm getting texts from her mom and her two sisters. The best part is she is now on the hunt for a source for cheap beeswax. Just thought you might like to hear my story.

JSnover
06-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Tell her the key ingredient is wheel weights. Get those ladies to scour the tire shops and scrap yards for you. :)

Johnch
06-28-2009, 02:27 PM
That is just not right LOL

You will soon have to hide your BP lube from the ladies

Or offer to make them up a batch
Tell them you would have to charge them a little to offset the costs

For example ask them if soft feet were worth 1 stick per 100 lb of WW

John

squid1230
06-28-2009, 02:33 PM
sheesh! Another sport taken over by the ladies. Next thing you know they are making earrings out spent brass :)

44man
06-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, I have used a quality BP lube for a Chapstick in the field! :mrgreen:

Tom W.
06-28-2009, 03:16 PM
And I've used Chapstick for a lube, too....

Calamity Jake
06-29-2009, 09:58 AM
sheesh! Next thing you know they are making earrings out spent brass :)

Thats been done too!!!!

And key rings!!!!

And paper weights!!

Ever seen a 20MM flower pot?

EMC45
06-29-2009, 10:04 AM
sheesh! Another sport taken over by the ladies. Next thing you know they are making earrings out spent brass :)

Saw a young guy at a gun show recently and he had his ear lobes stretched out and there were the bases of 30-06 shells in them.

jdgabbard
06-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Leave it to the ladies to accessorize the sport...

And I thought my lube was safe. I guess now I have a bargaining tool for getting a little extra help around the press!!!

JIMinPHX
06-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Ever seen a 20MM flower pot?

No, I've only seen them in 90mm & 105mm. They came from the same place as sandals that were made from tire treads with inner tubes for straps. Charlie didn't let much go to waste.

XWrench3
06-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Next thing you know they are making earrings out spent brass
hmmmm, thanx, now i know what to make my wife for her birthday. she shoots a 40 s&w. i will cut up a couple of nickle shells and make her a set of earings! she will either like them, or i'll be in the doghouse, again! LOL!

Glockerman
06-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Think small scale production-if there isn't a product like that on the market already. Sell locally/word of mouth/cheap advertising. If it's that great of stuff, you'll get customers & more customers. Expand as needed into a large scale production. BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!!!

Then get taxed into bankrupcy by O and the Feds for being an evil capitalist.

Daveb
06-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I guess my bullet lube is safe- I'm using beeswax and ATF. It doesn't smell good but it sure works on my smokeless and BPCR boolits!

felix
06-30-2009, 04:35 PM
You hit upon my only complaint about that mixture. ... felix