PDA

View Full Version : Lyman .223 Mold

snaggdit
06-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah! Got my Lyman .223 mold from Midway today. Thanks Oldtoolsniper for the heads up on the Lee handles. I wouldn't have gone to the site otherwise. My first steel mold.

My reason for the post: Lyman handles were backordered till October. When the mold arrived (with my extra Lee handles) I tried it on the Lyman mold and it fit! Don't have time to cast with it tonight but if this works, and it seems like it will, why pay triple for lyman handles?

BCall
06-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Interested to hear how it casts, and how that push through sizer works. I use Lee handles on several of my 2 cavity Lyman molds, works fine. Thanks, Billy

NHlever
06-25-2009, 07:42 AM
RCBS handles also work on Lyman 2 cavity molds if you have some around. They are not cheap either.....

Jack Stanley
06-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Years ago I had a couple of the Lyman handles break while using them . Not abusing them mind you and the expense of the RCBS handles looking back doesn't seem all that much .

Jack

1Shirt
06-26-2009, 09:11 PM
:Jack, What broke on the Lyman Handle(s)? Have some that I have used repeatedly for wel over 40 years, and other than handles coming loose (easy fix) never had a problem. Just curious!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Jack Stanley
06-27-2009, 08:11 PM
The iron broke just ahead of the hinge point toward the mold side . I do have one set of Lyman handles that does see some use , but with the results I had from Lyman product and service back then . It was years before I dared buy any of their stuff again . It was probably a fluke but at my wages back then I couldn't afford to try again hoping it'd be better real soon

Jack