PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: early Keith Belding & Mull info

geoff40
06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi all
I am far more a lurker here than anything. Please help if you can.
I am looking for early Keith bullets. Not what you are probably thinking, those I am very familiar with. What I want would be only from Belding & Mull moulds, first a 260 grain 45 cal. blunt nosed bullet from 1925ish, and 2 for the 44 Special, in 260 and 280 grains respectively. I would like to find 1 or all 3 of them, just a couple of each. Anyone have these old B&M moulds?
From an old bit of Keith writing: "These Belding & Mull bullets had one large, square grease groove and a good bevelled crimp groove. While excellent up to 50 yards, they did not prove to be very accurate beyond that range, so I dropped them and designed the later, best known Keith line for the Lyman Gun Sight Corporation."
Thanks in advance, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Bret4207
06-23-2009, 07:37 AM
I know the ones you mean, I think he had pics of them in "Sixguns" or "Sixgun cartridges and Loads". I know I've seen them in the B+M catalogs. Ebay and the gun auction sites are your best bets.

B+M had a certain style to their own designs. I have one 45 cal mould sort of like you describe, but I'm not sure the lube groove lines up with Keiths writings. I'll take a look if I can remember and post a pic if it's close.

BTW- Look at the old B+M catalog cuts and you can see where the WFN idea came from.

geoff40
06-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks Bret. I am looking for them only as a hope to include them in a future sticky thread on another gun forum about Keith bullets and his loads for them. I am hoping someone who might have 1 or more of these moulds will help me out, as what I really want is a good close up photo of these early Keiths, or 1 or 2 of them so that I can shoot the photo myself. Not looking for shooting quantities!

Texasflyboy
06-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi all
I am far more a lurker here than anything. Please help if you can.
I am looking for early Keith bullets.

One like this? I own this mould. It's the Hensley & Gibbs #59. Works pretty well in my Uberti SAA clone.

http://hgmould.gunloads.com/molds/59_10.jpg

scrapcan
06-23-2009, 05:20 PM
geoff40,

send me a pm and I will get you in touch with a couple of individuals who have the B&M moulds. One has them for sale and theother collects them. The collector may work with you so you can do what you want to do.

Bret4207
06-24-2009, 08:24 AM
One like this? I own this mould. It's the Hensley & Gibbs #59. Works pretty well in my Uberti SAA clone.

http://hgmould.gunloads.com/molds/59_10.jpg

Mine is very similar to this. IIRC Elmer wanted 1 big lube groove, this ain't it.

geoff40
07-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Still looking...ManleyJT I PM'd you, did you get it?

scrapcan
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
No pm on the inbound side. I will send you a quick note with a contact.