PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to Texas!

PGBsuperior
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Well I have finally gotten where I wanted to be, Ranger Texas, and got my boolit casting shop set up here. It was a long strange (and unfortunate) trip. to be sure.

It started when some meth cookers moved into the rental across the street from me in Kalifornia, and subsequently broke into most of the houses in my neighborhood, including mine, and ripped me off for nearly thrity grand in property. After that I got a big honkin dog, and started calling the cops on them everytime I saw them pulling something illegal, which was frequently.

This led to threats on my life, which prompted me to put the house on the market and go live with a couple I'd met who invited me to come stay with them until the house sold.

The couple turned out to be a couple of psycho theives, and they ripped me off even more. They got my 2kw Honda generator, metal detector, one of my computers, lots of my tools, etc, etc.

I finally pulled out of there with my 5th wheel and was on the road to Texas, when I got a call from the place in Bear Valley CA. where I had stuff in storage. Seems Joe, the guy I'd been staying with, resented me for getting away before he could steal all he wanted, and he'd called them telling them I had tons and tons of gunpowder in my storage locker, enough to level the place, and that he was going to call the fire marshall on them. He also told them I'd left the state and that all my phones were disconnected.

What he didn't know was that I'd brought all the powder with me.

Anyway, to lengthen a long story, I got to Abilene, put the trailer in an RV park, went back with a rental truck and got my stuff, and shortly afterward found a huge metal building in Ranger where I'm currently set up, and heading for a gun show this weekend with all the inventory I've been able to get cast.

Wish me luck guys, after the last year I sure could use it.

Amy

jballs918
03-15-2006, 04:11 PM
good gravy what a mess, lets hope things will go better for you when oyu get settled. and good luck to you and hopefully you will do better.:mrgreen:

txbirdman
03-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Howdy, new neighbor. I just down the road aways. About 30 miles east on I-20. Maybe I'll look you up and we can talk "shop".

redneckdan
03-15-2006, 06:12 PM
I hope you get settled in to yer new home. You definitely deserve some peace after dealing with that kinda stuff.

wills
03-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Good luck, and welcome to the promised land!

MT Gianni
03-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Congrats on getting out of those situations alive and sane, Gianni.

waksupi
03-15-2006, 08:54 PM
It sounds like you have been through a whole series of train wrecks! I'm glad your escape was successful! Good Luck!

onceabull
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
PGB: Sounds like Paradise was a good bit less that that !! Enjoy being out of there ! ! ! Onceabull

Buckshot
03-16-2006, 02:44 AM
................Dang! Sounded exciting. Got pictures? :-)

Seriously, glad you're where you can relax and feel comfortable. Not in tornado alley are ya?

.................Buckshot

PGBsuperior
03-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Howdy, new neighbor. I just down the road aways. About 30 miles east on I-20. Maybe I'll look you up and we can talk "shop".

Hey I'd like that birdman! Send me a private message and I'll send you contact info.

Amy

swheeler
03-16-2006, 11:36 AM
PGBS: glad you made your escape from the crack heads! You will have many fine hours shooting coontails and jack rabbits! All my Xes live in Texas-literally.
Scooter

txpete
03-16-2006, 11:49 AM
your going to like texas:-D .some great people here.
best of luck
pete

moodyholler
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Don't know how much help I'd be here in Virginia, but if theres anything I can do to help, PM me. moodyholler

PGBsuperior
03-16-2006, 11:37 PM
................Dang! Sounded exciting. Got pictures? :-)

Seriously, glad you're where you can relax and feel comfortable. Not in tornado alley are ya?

.................Buckshot

Hey Buckshot,

No, I don't think I'm in tornado alley, I checked the torando history of Eastland county and there's not a lot of action here historically, though the fires are a real danger in the drought we have been having. If one of them starts heading my way I'll just hook up the truck to the 5th wheel in here and move out fast. My building is steel, so I think it will fare better than most.

BTW, I lost the house I was selling, the realtor just did nothing at all for me, and I suspect it was for a reason of his own.

A.