PDA

View Full Version : Does LEE repair/ fix RANCH DOG Molds??????????????????

haff202
06-22-2009, 08:50 AM
I had already ordered the TLC 460-350 RF mold from LEE"S close out section NOT checking with cast bullest first.
IF LEE did not repair these molds and are selling product that it is not claimed to be and LEE knows this, are there any LEMON LAWS for reloaders.?? Warranties have no value when there is shipping costs.

anachronism
06-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Is yours defective?

haff202
06-22-2009, 09:22 AM
I have not received my mold yet. CASTBOOLIT talk is that these closeout LEE molds are RANCH DOG rejects.

Blammer
06-22-2009, 10:37 AM
better read the fine print in the close out section, I think it's buyer beware.

you get what you get, I could be wrong.

1Shirt
06-22-2009, 11:29 AM
I bought one of the last of the 375 molds, and it is definately NOT a reject. However, got to thinking about RD molds and how well they have worked in all my rifles. Think it might not be a bad idea to have all of us who are RD mold fans
e-mail Lee, and ask, request etc. about putting them into regular production. I would particularly like to see the 30 and 35 become standard production items.
1Shirt!:coffee:

haff202
06-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Guaranteed for to full years. Money back if mold is not used. Credit only if mold is used and they like it all done in 30 days. So what's 2 years mean?

jameslovesjammie
06-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I would imagine:

In 30 days, if you have not used the mould and decide you do not want it, they will refund your money. If you HAVE used the mould (and decide you don't want it) they will issue you credit to purchase another Lee product from Lee Precision.

The two year warranty is the standard warranty on all Lee products covering any manufacturers defects in the product.

The 30 days is the return policy and the two years is the warranty.

JesterGrin_1
06-22-2009, 03:27 PM
If it is a size 460 then you should be fine. Just ask Michael ( Ranch Dog ) I think some of the molds just never got to him as he closed up shop. So I think some of the moulds are the correct size and type.

Now if it is marked lets just say TLC458-350 or whatever then it is of a smaller size. Just look at the size of the advertized mold.

DLCTEX
06-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm thinking it would not be hard to lap a thou or two from an aluminum mold by embedding grit in the band portion (roll the boolit in grit on a steel plate). At least some of the returned molds were reportedly .458. At that price I'm game to give it a try.

haff202
06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm hoping Ranch Dog closed up before this batched was shipped. I wonder how many molds RD rejected?

JesterGrin_1
06-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Go here http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/forum/index.php and ask.

haff202
06-27-2009, 11:47 PM
ranch dog not responding?

I need castboolits for answers??

Nightfisher
06-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I think these were the rejects that Ranch Dog had ordered and then found after some went to his customers that they were not cut to the specks he had ordered. I think the one year turn around that Lee gave him to correct the problem was unacceptable to Ranch Dog and this (and family health problems) helped him make the decision to close down.

Then Lee put the molds on their close out for sale.

Nightfisher

JesterGrin_1
06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok sorry I do not know what came about as I was informed he would keep the forum open so that the information there could be used by the people that used the Ranch Dog Mold's.

Ranch Dog Molds News

Well guys, I'm just about finished up and I'm looking forward to getting back to casting, reloading, shooting and hunting! Please note the follow when ordering:

• All my designs where specifically created for the throat/lead of Marlin rifles. I cannot answer your questions about other applications.
• My inventory consists of only the molds and kits specified on the home page. I will be receiving no more.
• Yes, the TLC379-235-RF must be purchased with the Lube and Size Kit. I've tried to accommodate you with the pricing on this package.
• Due to the limited inventory, I'm no longer accepting snail mail orders. The mold you desire may not be available when your order arrives. You do not need a PayPal account to order, use your credit card.
• All sales will cease on June 30, 2009.

• My forum is out of service. I just can't get a break to maintain it. My web host lost several servers and my material was lost as the backup was on one of the other servers. At this point, I'm not sure what I will do to start up again. I might switch to a different format of support but will get something back up soon. All my web pages are gone but I have the backed up material to restore them. It just takes time.

Fellows, this venture has been a blessing in the friendships it has given me through you, my customers! I appreciate the encouragement you have offered in the course of business through your purchases.

May God bless you and your family!

Ranch Dog
Ranch Dog Molds News

jdgabbard
06-28-2009, 04:19 PM
I sure am glad he did me a favor and gave me a .35cal mold before he closed down. That is one of my favorite molds for .357mag.

Nrut
06-28-2009, 05:37 PM
ranch dog not responding?

I need castboolits for answers??

You are doing business with LEE yes??... ASK THEM!! :roll:

JesterGrin_1
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
All I have to add is when you get the Mold cast a few Boolits with it and check the size if they are the correct size then run with it. If a bit small look Up leementing here on the forum.

Good Luck

Junior1942
06-28-2009, 06:53 PM
It's a shame he shut down. The TLC165-30 is an outstanding mold for 30-30 lever actions, Marlin & Winchester. I bought a 2-hole and a 6-hole, and I'm glad I did!