PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day

runfiveswife
06-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Just want to wish all of you guys on here a Happy Fathers Day, Have a great day and have fun

walltube
06-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Thank you Miss Alice from this dad, grand-dad and great grand-dad.

Best to you Dads too, across the globe who visit here.... :drinks:

WILCO
06-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Thank you Miss Alice from this dad......

Ditto for me!

BarryinIN
06-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Thank you!
And the same to the other fathers.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. No matches or anything scheduled around here that day.
Watch the race, I guess.

Buckshot
06-20-2009, 03:06 AM
............Well thanks! The best part is looking at your kids (or kid, in my case) when they turned out well, and gazing heavenward with thanks. They didn't come with instructions so help HAD to come from somewhere :-) I'm blessed.

...............Buckshot

Valley Forge
06-20-2009, 03:32 AM
Amen to that Buckshot.

dromia
06-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Thank you.

My daughter took me and my wife out last night for Fathers day. :-D

ronterry
06-20-2009, 03:43 AM
I can't have children, but I'm a father to a couple of cats - does that count? I think I got royally screwed on the fathers day deal for the rest of my life :-?

DLCTEX
06-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Thank you Alice. 5 sons, 4 grandchildren + 1 on the way, 2 great grandsons (second arrived two days ago) and more to come in the future.

Bret4207
06-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Mothers day, the day we do what MOM wants to do.

Fathers day, the day we do what MOM wants to do!!!!

Thx anyway!

btroj
06-20-2009, 07:51 AM
That's what it takes if you want to have a happy fathers day Bret....

leadeye
06-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks Alice!:-D

Hardcast416taylor
06-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Thank you kindly Ma`am and Gentlemen. I`ve got 4 kids, 3 granddaughters (none married yet) and a grandpuppy that`s fixed. The wife and I tried to raise them all as right as we could plus making sure they know who the Lord God is. I guess we did alright as none are in prison!

Happy Fathers Day my Friends. Robert....

montana_charlie
06-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Father's Day...it causes quite a bit of confusion in some neighborhoods.
CM

358wcf
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
My thanks to you, Alice!
Just returned home late last night from spending 1 1/2 days with my youngest daughter who's away at college-- great to see her again.
Just said hi to my older daughter, who's getting married next month- God, I'm going to miss her!
We are blessed with the custody of our children. We give them what we can, we teach them what we know, we give them our love. Then we turn them loose, and ask them to carry our hearts gently, for that is our legacy to them.
What have we wrought? Only our very best!!!

358wcf

R.C. Hatter
06-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Thank you, kindly mam - I turned 69 on the 18th, and am a grandfather. I'm just thankful to the good Lord above for the blessings he has bestowed on my family.
We have two grown, college-educated children who never got in any trouble, like so many kids do nowadays, who are a credit to their family and community. When that happens, you must have done a lot of things right. Happy Fathers Day to all the forum Dads !

monadnock#5
06-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Thank you Alice! I hope you had a happy Mothers Day.

I've been looking forward to grandparent hood. I'm ready. My kids aren't though. I can't fault them for that. Considering how well they've turned out despite who they got saddled with for a dad, I'll continue to count my blessings and wait patiently.

theperfessor
06-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks #1Wife. My wife and I plan on having my mother and father and our son over for cookout tomorrow.

Parents are both WWII era marine vets who met at Pearl late in war and got hitched up here in States. She outranked him on discharge!

Son turned out just fine, more a credit to his mother than anything I think. Many proud moments, most recently a year ago when he saw a scumbag abandon two kittens in a city park. He picked them up and called us to see if we could give them a home - and we've been blessed with being owned by two more of the finest cats in the world (We have five now). I've been proud of his academic and job achievements before, and now I am proud of his compassion and humanity.

Just sharing some of the better memories of being a father.

Down South
06-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks Alice, Two kids here and four grand kids.

mroliver77
06-21-2009, 02:06 AM
I am sitting here on the puter @ 1:45 AM on Fathers day. 2009. E gads how I wish sleep would come! Three years ago I was a happily married man with 2 wonderful daughters and a great wife. Things were hard as I had a spine injury and an attack of Lymes Disease that was causing me great pain and dysfunction. I had my family for support and this made it easier. Then my wife met somebody online and decided she wanted a divorce. A short time later our 18 year old died in a car crash. We have an 8 year old daughter that is a great kid!! She is a good kid, loves to hunt, shoot, fish etc and loves Jesus. She lives primarily with her Ma but I get her a lot. She brought me a fan today for a Fathers day gift.
I did not tell anybody here about any of this while it was going on. This day hits me pretty hard.
Take a good look at your family and know how blessed you are with them. Happy Fathers Day to y'all.
Jay

mroliver77
06-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Sorry y'all that I was party pooper last night. This was looking like a good thread until I let my tongue wag too much. I will keep the personal junk personal and the gunstuff on the gun page. :)
I am testing plain based boolits with medium doses of powder. I thought I had found a workaround using fillers but much more work needs done.
Jay

theperfessor
06-21-2009, 12:41 PM
mroliver77-

I'm sorry to hear of your recent problems, and I'm sure everybody else on this board feels the same. We all try hard to be the best we can be as Dads but sometimes fate can play some cruel tricks. Your daughter sounds like a real gem, love her as much as you can.

No platitudes to offer, just know that many of us will keep you in our thoughts and will offer prayers for you. Hang in there.

Springfield
06-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I have 2 kids also, I sure hope I go before they do. We are taking them on a steam train ride today. We reserved the caboose for just us and some friends, should be fun. My son loves trains, but then what 6 year old doesn't. My daughter is 7. I am a stay at home dad, see my kids all the time, but it still isn't enough. Sometimes I get behind in my leather or bullet orders, and have to tell people some family stuff came up. Most understand, and for the ones that don't I just send them their money back and say buy somewheres else next time if you think your stuff is more important than my family. Hell of a way to run a business but that's the way it is. Moliver, cherish the 8 year old, they are still at the age where Daddy is a hero. Hopefully they will never get over it. Happy Father's Day, take the best and ignore the rest. And you should post here more often, we will listen.

ronterry
06-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey my cats got me an air freshener today, and my old lady wrapped it for them! So I'm one happy camper :)

Thumbcocker
06-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Can anyone who has held their great grandchild fear death? I cannot imagine the sense of compleatness and fulfilment that must come at such a moment. Hapy Father's day all.

blackthorn
06-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the thoughts #1 wife. Yesterday I got to give away my (25 year old) grandaughter! So--not only am I a really proud grandpa, I also got a brand new 32 year old grandson! This has been a real good weekend for me!!

runfiveswife
06-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Thats great guys, i hope each and everyone of you had a terrific fathers day. have a great year until the next one, we spent the day with great friends of ours, and all of our kids were there. it was a great day.

RP
06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Well my wife and I went shopping for her dad we looked around she had no ideals called her mom she said he wanted something for his bike and most of the kids were giving him cash so he could get it sooner. While we were out she got me a bear skin rug for 20 bucks later I gave her 40 for her dad not sure how that worked out so good for her but i came in 20 bucks short. Women what to do ?

06-22-2009, 01:22 AM
I called my dad today, and my wife called her father and step father. and I'm keeping it to myself but i have a sneaking suspicion that i am going to be a father in 9 of so months. :-D I'll have to get all my casting equipment bought before then since i hear babies use up all your cash.:mrgreen:

happy fathers day to everyone!

1Shirt
06-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Alice, We need a lot more of you women in shooting, reloading, casting, etc., and on this forum. Would help keep us men folk a bit more humble at times. Happy Mothers Day far in advance (in case I forget!).
1Shirt!:coffee:

armyrat1970
06-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Thats great guys, i hope each and everyone of you had a terrific fathers day. have a great year until the next one, we spent the day with great friends of ours, and all of our kids were there. it was a great day.

Maybe a couple of days late but thank you Alice. I bought a few steaks and threw them on the grill and spent some time with a couple of my grandkids. My oldest daughter gave me one of those voice cards from Larry The Cable Guy. The joke was a little long to tell here but, had a good laugh. Last fathers day my youngest got me a Red Neck Dictionary by Jeff FoxWorthy. Still enjoy that also.
Yeah. I guess I'm a RedNeck! Well maybe I'm a RedNeck CoonAss. And proud of it.