PDA

View Full Version : Peerless moulds

georgewxxx
06-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Peerless moulds were sold by Stogers and I believe made by Hensley & Gibbs.

SciFiJim
06-18-2009, 10:32 PM
What's the date on those catalog pages? The pressure dipper on the lower left of the 2nd image looks like a good idea. Does anyone know why they aren't still available? Love the prices for the molds!

hammerhead357
06-18-2009, 11:39 PM
From what I can see of the pictures it looks like the moulds are early H & G manufactured. Looks like moulds made when they were in California....However I am not an expert so take my opinon for what it's worth.
The ladle looks like one that H & G made....Wes

georgewxxx
06-19-2009, 07:08 AM
On the right hand page, in the upper right hand corner you can see someone wrote Stoeger #35, 1944. I think they were offered only a few years....Geo

montana_charlie
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
The pressure dipper on the lower left of the 2nd image looks like a good idea.
I have (rarely) seen that style for sale on eBay.
CM

Texasflyboy
07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
The moulds in the photo were made by Hensley & Gibbs and sold under the peerless name.

Wayne Gibbs and I chatted about this in 2008 via email but I haven't had the time to write up the article and put it on the website.

The partnership and interest in Peerless was over by 1949 as Wayne recalls.

HeavyMetal
07-10-2009, 11:09 PM
So whats the scoop on the pressure ladle?

Was this made by H&G?

Texasflyboy
07-11-2009, 07:30 AM
So whats the scoop on the pressure ladle?

Was this made by H&G?

I do not know. I've never asked Wayne but I will add it to the list of questions I ask him next time. I do know that many of their accessories (like the hammer moulds) were not made by Hensley & Gibbs, and instead were contracted out.

Just the other day I asked him about the block retention screws for 2 and 4 cavity moulds. The special threaded pin with a slot head. He told me that for a time they made those in house until they ran the numbers and realized they were making about .01 profit per unit. They immediately contracted the job out to a screw mfg and just made an annual order. I would not be surprised if the ladle was made by some other mfg.