PDA

View Full Version : Post Cards

sundog
03-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I need your hep fellers. My grand daughter is trying to collect post cards from various states (class project) as a learning project. Post cards must say what state they are from, for instance, a Garden of the Gods post card should say Colorado on it (Mike in Colorado), or Judge Parker's Hanging Court should say Arkansas (Felix), or The Alamo should say Republic of Texas, or maybe Starmetal's shooting range should say North Carolina. This is NOT a contest, but a class learning project. Please send a post card of your state to:

IGC
c/o Mrs Murray/Andrea Johnson
30123 E. 147 St. S.
Coweta, OK 74429

Thanks, guys, sundog

azcoyhunter
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Sundog

Will do

I will try to find a Route 66 Arizona card

Clint

redneckdan
03-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I'll see what I can find from da keewanaw.

sundog
03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Way cool, Clint. Route 66 is BIG here in Oklahoma, too! Any of you that can participate, this could be a cool project for the kids. We didn't have any way at all to reach out like this (internet) when we (baby boomer nearing retirement) were kids! sundog

sundog
03-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Dan, thanks. I'm thinkin' maybe if this works out good, their class should find a way to post all their stuff (copyrights on pics could be a problem) on the net for everybody to take a looksee. As the world 'seems' to get smaller we find out how really diverse it is.... THAT'S LEARNING at it's best. Can you image being a kid NOW? It would be totally awesome! How do you process all that information? sundog

waksupi
03-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Corky, I sent this out to people on my mailing list, in various states, Dave down in Australia, and friend's on Indian reservations. Hopefully, we will get some results!]

How about you guys overseas? Want to get extra credit for the kid? Go for it! Get 'er done!

AnthonyB
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Looks like I need to exercise that old Pentagon badge and look for a card tomorrow.... Tony

Frank46
03-14-2006, 03:33 AM
I may be dating myself but some years back, before the computers came about the local kids in honesdale pennsylvania ised to put messages inside baloons and fill them with helium. I found one while hunting on my uncles dairy farm and sent a letter as to where it was found, time date ect. I also included some info about myself. I received a reply a few days later. That was one very happy grade school student. Each student only had one balloon to launch and he had just about given up hope of recieving a reply. They had a map as to where each balloon was found and from whom they received a letter. Frank

Pystis
03-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Corky, I sent this out to people on my mailing list, in various states, Dave down in Australia, and friend's on Indian reservations. Hopefully, we will get some results!]

How about you guys overseas? Want to get extra credit for the kid? Go for it! Get 'er done!

One post card from Finland is on it´s way. I take it that "IGC" is her school?
However I hope she can read my awful hand writing.

Jukka

nvbirdman
03-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Card from Reno, Nv. will be in mail 3-17.

KCSO
03-17-2006, 09:37 AM
One coming from the Niobrara State Park

MGySgt
03-17-2006, 09:16 PM
One coming from Virginia - as soon as we can find one.

Drew

Duckiller
03-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Card sent from Monrovia;Ca. Picture of Santa Monica pier-west end of route 66

waksupi
03-18-2006, 12:15 AM
I'll be in town this weekend, and will get one on the road.

sundog
03-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks, fellers. If I can, I'll have the grand daughter bring all that were received from this board and scan them into a collage and post on my website for all to see. After all, it's been a group effort and should be shared! Ought to be interesting. sundog

sundog
03-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi, guys, my name is Andrea, and I want to thank all of you for being so kind. I have already received many cards, and they are all really cool. All of my class and teacher are really liking them, too. So far we have cards from:
Finland
Santa Monica
Missouri
New York
Montana
Washington, D.C.
Oregon
Nevada

There were others, and when my project is finished I'll let my grandpa scan them all in so we can all see them. Thank you very much! Andrea

sundog
03-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Good job, guys, and thanks for the assist. It's pretty neat to see a kid get excited about a school project. Andrea is not too big on guns (boy, her cousins sure are!), but she is curious, so I'll just let it ride with her. Other than that ONE shortcoming, she's a good kid. She'll come around. Andrea says that as the cards come in her teacher shows them all around in class and they get post on a board and then they point out where they come from. Hmmmmm, one way to trick'em into learning the states, huh?

btw, the Santa Monica Pier, end of Route 66 got an honorable mention. Rt 66 and all it's history is a big thing here in Oklahoma. How about the east end. I'm not sure if I even know that end. America's highway. sundog

Get your kicks on Route 66

felix
03-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Corky, I got the time, but not the memory to get the card(s). US66 terminates in Chicago and in LA-CA. ... felix

RayinNH
03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Sundog , card purchased this morning and will go out Monday morning...Ray

no34570
03-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Sundog
I got a postcard of my home town an old one but not much has changed,just an areial shot from Far East Gippsland,Victoria Australia,will send out on Monday and try to get one of the town in where I work (a Timber town).
Hope it helps your granddaughter get an A+
Cheers
no34570