PDA

View Full Version : Lube....

Doc - J
03-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Being new to re-loading and casting I have (alot of questions) My first question is about lube. I've been reading lots of threads and data and have a question about liquid alox. Using a Lee TL452-200-SWC ( micro band boolit ) and there liquid alox. I've read that many problems deal with lube all over everything because of the tumbling. Is it possible to stand up the boolits in a pan pour "ALOX' or something equal to it to just reach the grooves.. remove the boolits and let dry. ( no sizeing required? Save excess lube to be reused. Would there be too much waste using alox? or is there something else that would work just as good and cheaper? Or do I just tumble them, let em dry, load em, then wipe off the excess and say I did not learn anything.

David R
03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Howdy,

First just try it. I put em in a can, add some lube shake and pour out on some wax paper, foil or what ever. The lube on the nose of the boolit annoys some, not me. I find 2 applications work best. You could dip em in a pan of lube. Some cut the stuff with mineral spirits, I have not tried it yet, but it is on the list of things to do. I think you can alos roll the boolits in a small puddle and stand them up to dry.

I use the stuff on my son's 7.65 arg because I do not have a .314 sizer for my Lyman 450 YET. It works as long as you don't get carried away with velocity.

The whole idea is quick and easy. Once you have a real lube sizer, you will like that much better.

David