PDA

View Full Version : Quick Navigation

jim4065
06-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Seem to have less time now that I'm retired, and sometimes just don't have time to use the "Today" function to keep abreast of the postings here. For those who may be interested, here's one way to check on new posts on any of your active threads:

Click "Search", then "Advanced Search", then enter your own handle in the "Search by User Name" block. Click "Search Now". It will bring up all the threads in which you've posted, with the threads having new posts (which you haven't viewed) in Bold and at the top of the listing.

Check the posting(s) on a thread and add comments if you wish, then use the Back button on your browser to return to the Search Results page, check another thread, etc. After the last thread that you view return again (via the "Back" button) to the Search Results page. Now hit the "Refresh" or "Reload" button on your browser. All of the Bold emphasis will disappear - you're up to date. (And haven't consumed a lot of bandwidth with umpteen searches.)

The first time that you do this it may show every thread in Bold. Just go go through the steps above to clear out the Bold emphasis. Obviously this may be too much hassle for (and is probably already known by) the "Bullet Boys", especially the "Golden Bullets", but it may help some others to keep up.

Sorry about the length of this posting - it seemed necessary to be specific.

Rocky Raab
06-16-2009, 11:31 AM
A most excellent post, sir. I often lose track of what I've said and where. This will help.

(Now, if it would just remind me on which of several websites I posted things, THAT would be fabulous!)

SciFiJim
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I use the subscribe function with instant email notification. That way links to the threads that I am interested in (subscribed to) show up in my email in box. After I have read those, I then browse for other interesting threads that I haven't seen yet.