PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait for a sizer die?

randyrat
06-13-2009, 01:58 PM
I ordered a Lee sizer die May 17th. They took the order and I paid for it. I checked my bank record.
The lady said; it was not on back order, should go out next week( this was when i ordered it). Is this happening to everybody? The 17th of June will be a month. No i haven't called yet. I guess i should and see if they forgot or had some mix up.
Thats why i'm asking you all to see if this is happening to everyone. I'm not bashing anyone here, just checking the air. Are they that far behind?

RayinNH
06-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Randy call Lee. If the lady said it would go out maybe UPS lost it. Lee can do a search with the tracking number to see what happened to the shipment...Ray

chevyiron420
06-13-2009, 02:16 PM
i would call! i once waited for a long time for a package and it turned out the carrier had put it in a project car that we were'nt working on.:shock:

HangFireW8
06-13-2009, 02:48 PM
If you used a Visa to charge it, it may be a violation of seller's terms. The vendor should have the item in stock and ready to ship before charging your card. Probably the same for MasterCard, though I haven't checked into it.

-HF

putteral
06-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I just ordered some replacement parts last week for my press and auto prime. I was told they were in stock and 3 days later I received them.
I would give them a call to check on what is happening.

SciFiJim
06-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I've had a .358 Lee sizing die on back order with Grafs since April 26th. I called them about a week ago and they had no ETA. I haven't canceled yet because no one else has them in stock either, beside the shipping was paid with the rest of the order that I already received.

randyrat
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
If you used a Visa to charge it, it may be a violation of seller's terms. The vendor should have the item in stock and ready to ship before charging your card. Probably the same for MasterCard, though I haven't checked into it.

-HF Yeh, they usually don't charge it to your card unless they have it almost ready to go. Good point, sounds like i better give them a call. I used a Visa.
I should have gotten in line for a .358 sizer die also.
I'll call them tomorrow, it shouldn't take more than 15-20 tries..

wallenba
06-13-2009, 06:40 PM
When I can't get a Lee item from Midway, I order direct from Lee. It costs more but I usually get it 14 days or less. I suspect that Midway won't order back order items until they get enough orders for the same item, which may be why Midway takes so long to fill them. If you ordered from Lee I'd call for a tracking number. If they sent it USPS instead of UPS I don't know how to go about that.

wallenba
06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Noticed that your in Wisconsin, Lee should not have any problems getting it to you fast. Definately call them.

Shiloh
06-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I just ordered some replacement parts last week for my press and auto prime. I was told they were in stock and 3 days later I received them.
I would give them a call to check on what is happening.

It's been hit or miss with me and LEE. Usually I order stuff with no big rush. Sometimes I need I the sooner the better. Shipping times ar a week to several weeks.

Good point about when they process your card. If it is processed right away, it should be shipped right away.

Shiloh

dam555
06-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I ordered a mold on May 26th, at that time Lee had a notice on their website that due to the extreme volume of orders wait 30 days before calling to check if items had shipped.

Don

JIMinPHX
06-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Occasionally, I've known Lee to make a shipping mistake. They have always made good on it. If it's been a couple of weeks, then I would call them. They are generally very friendly to deal with & should short the problem out on the spot.

Buckshot
06-14-2009, 01:55 AM
I ordered a Lee sizer die May 17th. They took the order and I paid for it. I checked my bank record.
The lady said; it was not on back order, should go out next week( this was when i ordered it). Is this happening to everybody? The 17th of June will be a month. No i haven't called yet. I guess i should and see if they forgot or had some mix up.
Thats why i'm asking you all to see if this is happening to everyone. I'm not bashing anyone here, just checking the air. Are they that far behind?

...............Gee, even I'm not THAT slow :-)

...............Buckshot

SciFiJim
06-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Buckshot, What do you charge for a sizing die?

mooman76
06-14-2009, 10:04 AM
She said it wasn't back order meaning it was in stock and also said it would be out next week. I'd call.

randyrat
06-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Buckshot....Do you sell PUSH THROUH sizer dies....if you do, I would buy it from you anyday.

randyrat
06-16-2009, 06:00 PM
I called LEE today and found out my sizer die is "Back Ordered" to infinity...

snaggdit
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey Randy, What size sizer are you waiting on? If I have it I could loan it to ya. I'm heading that way this weekend.

randyrat
06-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Thanks Snaggit. If i get desparete i'll give you a call. So far i'm OK. I was looking for a .401 and a .358 I gave up a long time ago on a .358 they are back ordered to Infinity. ( cast and squeeze them in the case LOL)
So your going south this week, i have to head north this week. PM me if you need anything at Superior shooters. I can drop it off in your home town at a later date.

bruce drake
06-17-2009, 06:54 AM
I'll +1 buckshot's work. He built me two dies and shipped them out to me faster and cheaper than LEE (I still love LEE though). His work isequal or better.than LEE.

Frank
06-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm still waiting for mine. I ordered it beginning of January. [smilie=p: I called Lee yesterday. She said the machine was broke and there's three ahead of mine, no time promised. Two months ago called, they said 'one month'. Now who knows. :)

Oh, also case length gage. Ordered Dec. 2008. Nothing there yet. They still have the order as of yesterday. Maybe they'll get around to it.

snaggdit
06-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Randy, I got a .401 and .358 Lee, so just let me know. I could us a thou each small and large pistol primers if they have them in Souptown. Seriously. I usually use CCI but I don't think we can afford to be choosy lately. I'll be coming back past RL around 3-5p Saturday. I'm going to try and find time to check Sheels when I'm down in Eau Claire as well.

randyrat
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
I'll see if they have a thousand of large and small pistol primers if they do i'll contact you and drop them off somewhere near you. It may be a week or so.