PDA

View Full Version : old saeco lubrisizer

weasel 21
03-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I just got an old saeco lubrisizer(black with 302 stamped just below the saeco nameplate) The unit is in very good condition. Ive disassembled it as far as I could for cleaning. When I unscrewed the Cap that holds the lube it gets to a certain point and doesnt unsrew any further . I cant get the cap and long screw off to clean the old lube out. Also how does the unit operate? Any help would be greatly appreciated

JCherry
03-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Weasel 21,

I have an "owners manual" (actually just a page printed on both sides) for the lubrisizer you are talking about. I'll have to root around a bit to find it but when I find it I will scan it and send you a copy.

To really clean it out you need to put it in a large bucket of water and boil that old lube out.

Have Fun,

JCherry

felix
03-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Just keep on unscrewing the top handle while holding down the unit itself. ... felix

Dale53
03-11-2006, 06:40 PM
After you get the lube sizer apart, just hold it over a container and heat it up with a hair dryer. After you get it hot, all, and I mean ALL, of the lube will flow out of the sizer. Then, put it back together, and at the right time in the operation put a stick of lube in and finish up the assembling and you're "Good to go".

Dale53

weasel 21
03-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks, I got it all cleaned up; do they still make the leather gasket from Redding for the plunger; also can you recommend lube thatdoesnt require a heating unit.Finally whats the easiest way to get the lube out of the plastic tubes and into the lubrisizer? Thanks again

Buckshot
03-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Thanks, I got it all cleaned up; do they still make the leather gasket from Redding for the plunger; also can you recommend lube thatdoesnt require a heating unit.Finally whats the easiest way to get the lube out of the plastic tubes and into the lubrisizer? Thanks again

.................Javalina lube or any of the NRA 50/50 formulas have been favorites. It does a good job and flows well without heat.

Javalina comes in a pasteboard box wrapped in a kind of thin tissue paper. Those in the plastic tubes like Tamarack just take a bit of rolling between the palms of your hands, or take off both caps and push it out with your thumb.

...............Buckshot

youngblood
11-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Do you still have the instructions for the Saeco Lubisizer? I can't figure this thig out.
Tnx.