PDA

View Full Version : Slow Order Refills from Lee

StrawHat
06-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Just back from my favorite gun shop. during the course of conversation it was mentioned they just recieved a delivery of stuff from Lee. Stuff they had ordered last December. I was told that Lee used to ship within 5 days of ordering but for the last year or slow things have ground to nearly a halt.

Seems like the GB molds aren't the only things slow at Lee. Too bad they can't keep up.

HORNET
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I think a good deal of it depends on what you're ordering. I ordered some misc. parts and a clearance rack mold. Put the order form and money order in the mail May 29 and got the stuff June 5. A 7 day turnaround including the time everything was in the U.S. Snail's custody. Not bad.

Rocky Raab
06-09-2009, 11:00 AM
I saw a sign in a printing shop once. It said, as best I can remember:

We can put your "Rush" job ahead of all the other "Rush" jobs, but only until another "Rush" job comes in.

That pretty much sums up the entire gun, ammo, component and accessory market these days. They're simply swamped, with incoming orders grossly exceeding maximum production rates several times over.

TAWILDCATT
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I talked to them at Lee and they are swamped.as are every one else.they make 150 of one press a day and they have 2000 orders.there are massive new reloaders buying and none can keep up.eventually they will all catch up when the demand drops.:coffee:[smilie=1:

jdgabbard
06-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I've had a set of handles and a sizer die on order since Apr 9th, from Factory Sales... They keep telling me Lee hasn't shipped them those items. So I know what you mean. I'm about to just cancel my order and buy off of FeeBay. I'm getting tired of Factory Sale's BS.

MT Gianni
06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I ordered replacement parts for a press and decapping stems. Delivery was about 5 days to Montana.

JeffinNZ
06-12-2009, 04:30 PM
I ordered a new 10lb pot element and it was in NZ in 7 days flat which I thought was pretty good. Of course they sent me a 20lb element so now I am waiting on the correct one but that's OK. Lee did not ask for the incorrect item back but I guess that's because the cost of return post was about the same as the item itself.

TAWILDCATT
06-21-2009, 02:23 PM
now your in a pickle.you have to make a pot to go with the element.
I just got a speed control for a router.its really a voltage control and I put it on my Saeco pot as the thermostart died.controls the voltage and as it runs continuos it
should keep the temp right on.dont know how it will work as level drops but I think its no problem.I got it from harbor freight,for $14.95.its chinese.I mention that as I dont know how you get any thing into the island.