PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rifle going out of business

Hardcast416taylor
06-08-2009, 10:32 AM
My first thread didn`t take somehow. I heard the Knight Co. was closing its doors in a month or so. Seems they made a few too many poor example of in-lines. The public didn`t buy them so now we are losing a company by its own actions. Robert

6pt-sika
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
It's my understanding that the doors were closed June 1 .

just hope I can still get the "original" little orange Disc's for my two rifles !

Potsy
06-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Hated to hear it.
I've got a BK-92 that's killed most of my deer (well, most of what few I've killed). I had to overcome a few quirks (some mine, some the gun's), but for the last several seasons it seems to pretty well hit whatever it gets pointed at.

Seems like over the last few years Knight was coming up with more complex contraptions that didn't point, balance, feel, work, etc. as well as their original MK design. Ergronomics (sp?) went out the window while they tried to come up with something "cool" for Jim Shockey (back before he was pushing TC) to hunt with.

Add to that, competition from TC, cheap foreign guns, and that Knight outsourced nearly everything (green mountain barrels, timney triggers, etc.).

Too bad, they made some good muzzleloaders. Even if they were "modern".

BTW, I noticed Bass Pro in Nashville TN had plenty of Discs yesterday.