PDA

View Full Version : RCBS #82022 - 7.62MM-130gr.-SPL

Just Call Me...G
06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Howdy Gents,

I was wondering if anyone was casting any of these boolits and if so, would any of you be kind enough to part with some???...maybe 50 or so?

I am working up some loads for a .300 Fireball (aka .300/221, using the Redding Dies Set) for an AR-15 build that is almost to completion.

I have casted the Lee 155gr. C.E. Harris boolit (and sized to .30 cal., of course) and am looking for other options.

Before I commit to another mold (and mold handles) I'd like to see if these RCBS boolits would work in my AR.

I am also working up a bunch of other "j" word loads...Speer, Rem., Nosler, Winchester & Hornady. But REALLY would love to shoot my own cast boolits through my new pet AR.

If you want to contact me, drop me a PM here or contact me at my webmail addy:

giovanni_c4@yahoo.com

If you require me to pay for postage or whatever...let's talk and work it out. :-)

Very Respectfully,

Giovanni

Just Call Me...G
06-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Come on guys...seriously.
35 views and not one single reply?

Hell, man...I'll buy them if I have to.

Drop me a line.
We are supposed to be a community, right?

Help a brother boolit caster out.

Kindest Regards,

G

giovanni_c4@yahoo.com

Larry Gibson
06-23-2009, 07:13 PM
You might get a bit better response by listing the common mould designation instead of the catalogue #. I for one don't have a clue what RCBS #82022 is and am not going to look it up for a cartridge I don't use. I do have a RCBS 30-150-FN and possibly could help but I don't know. I imagine it is the same with others. I'm not putting you off here just explaining that if you want help a more common descriptive request of what you want may solicite the desired results. BTW; many of us also ignore most requests about Lee moulds when the catalogue # is used.

Larry Gibson

jhrosier
06-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Giovanni,
I am shooting the Lyman 31141, 175gr GCFP in my 30-221 bolt gun with good results.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=596124&postcount=10
I have no idea if it would feed in an autoloader.
It does feed well in a number of bolt guns that I have tried.

Jack

Bob Krack
06-24-2009, 07:55 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

That is the forum here designated for boolit trade and exchange. Samples, etc.

+1 on what Larry said.

I have a few RCBS 150 GR lovrin(sp) style boolits, I could send you a few but if'n ya dint like the Lee/Harris 155 ya prolly wouldn't care for them either.

For what it's worth, if'n I had ar15/.30 I would be shootin a big honkin slug, ala .30whisper.

Bob

BruceB
06-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Actually, our Original Poster HAS used the correct identifier. I have the mould, and it is indeed named the 7.62-130.

I don't believe I have any bullets on hand , though. I'll check when I get home from work.

Bob Krack
06-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Actually, our Original Poster HAS used the correct identifier. I have the mould, and it is indeed named the 7.62-130.

You're durned right, Bruce.

I wonder how many of us fail to recognize the "Title" line......

Bob

Just Call Me...G
06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Again, Gents,

NOW that's what I'm talkin' about!
Thanks, earnestly, for all the input and for the responses.

A gentleman just contacted me via e-mail and he thinks he has some he can send my way.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Just as an aside I want to let you guys know a little something about me...I am a shooter, through-and-through. I am not much of a "keyboard commando" and I'll let you know something else...this is the ONLY forum that I belong to.

I joined for a reason...great info, great people and the fellowship (if you will) of like minds.
Once again, thank you.

Sincerely,

G

ps...BruceB, where in NV are you? I live in Sparks...maybe I could rent your unit and cast a few of my own or something. Drop me a line, if you wish. If not, I completely understand.

rockrat
06-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I have some cast that I could send your way. Only problem is that they are .3078/.299", so I don't suspect that you would get much in the way of accuracy, with them. Yes, I do plan on sending the mould back to RCBS for replacement, if they will do so.

Just Call Me...G
06-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Gents,

I received an e-mail at my regular addy and a gentleman was kind enough to forward me 100 of these RCBS/7.62/130gr. beauties.

Jim, I don't know what your call sign on here is, but I just wanted to post it on the forum...you are a true gentleman and boolit brother.

I just received them yesterday, will lube/size and G-C them today.
Will load them up for my .300 Whisper and take them out for a spin this weekend.

:-)

Kind Regards,

G