PDA

View Full Version : thanks to the generousity of the people on this fourm im back in bussiness

Lloyd Smale
06-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Ive got some loading gear sent up in the small garage temporarily until the new barn is built. Im having a poured insulated concreat loading room built in the barn but for now im jammed in my little garage. So far ive got two hornady lock and load progressive presses. I went with hornady because of the free bullet offer. When you factor that in there about giving the presses away. Ive cranked out a pile of .223 and 308 on them so far and really like them. I also bought a lock and load single stage press. Dillon is suppose to give me a new 550 and a most generous man on here gave me a star loader in 38 special that will be my pride and joy. I bought two new rcbs pots and a new star sizer and there set up and as soon as the 308s are done i have to switch gears and do some casting as 45acp and 44mag and 45 colt will be next. The credit card that was paid off is smoking hot again and the wife is shaking her head everytime the ups and fedx truck pull up here. Between that and the mail lady bringing boxes for you guys its like Christmas every day here for me. Without you guys i would have been in the dark ages for years trying to get to where im at right now. I cant express enough the graditude i have for my freinds here and id walk 500 miles across hot coals to help any one of you!!!!! God blessed me the first day i found this forum on the internet!!!

armyrat1970
06-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Lloyd I am more than happy for you. I hope you have some close that can help you rebuild your barn. The lost you suffered is bad but at least you had no loss of life. I wish you and your's all nothing but good.

Wayne Smith
06-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Lloyd, I'm delighted to hear this. Your getting back into the game with your old entheuasism is a delight to see!

jar-wv
06-05-2009, 07:47 AM
This is EXCELLANT to hear. If my little reloading building were lost I don't know what I'd do.

jar

1Shirt
06-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Glad to hear Lloyd. Hang tough!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Big Boomer
06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Lloyd: So good to hear. While I didn't have anything that would have benefitted you, I'm glad there are those who did and that you are back in business! 'Tuck

Beau Cassidy
06-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow! Somebody sent you a Star??? You are a lucky fellow indeed!

Rocky Raab
06-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Serves ya right, fella.

(Really. See what comes of being a nice guy?)

Lloyd Smale
06-05-2009, 12:59 PM
thanks guys! I even did some casting today. Figured id start with some 44 and 4570 bullets. ran about 30 lbs of lead through the new pots today. cant say im loving that part of the job. With the back being bad im having to learn to cast sitting down, something i allways detested doing but anymore i have no choise. even sitting I was about wipped at the end of the session. Good news is the lead i recovered out of the dirt seems to cast real nice. It was a mix of about every alloy possible so when theyve sat for a while ill have to hardness test them to see what ive got. I tested some still warm ones and got about 14bhn so i would guess that its going to turn out to about be #2 so thats ok.

Slow Elk 45/70
06-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Hullo Lloyd, good for you , glad to see you back at it and having some good luck after areally bad time, Best Wishes[smilie=w:

leadman
06-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Glad you are back in business ! Let us know if there is something you are having trouble getting.
Thanks, Mark W.

Firebricker
06-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Ya good news indeed. Since your temp casting in garage sitting nice part is it will give you
ideas to make your new casting bench comfy from sitting position might want to try bar stool
height then you could still stand if you need. FB

Firebricker
06-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Ya good news indeed. Since your temp casting in garage sitting nice part is it will give you
ideas to make your new casting bench comfy from sitting position might want to try bar stool
height then you could still stand if you need. FB

kywoodwrkr
06-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Lloyd,
Glad to see you up and slugging away!:drinks:
In rebuilding my domicile the new concrete portion of the floor has water lines distributed throughout it which then has an electric water heater and pump which flow the heated water throughout the area. Really does a lot for old, tired, cold feet believe me! A little extra but I'd do it again in a heart beat.
Good luck and keep it up.
Dave Petersen

runfiveswife
06-06-2009, 11:54 AM
good for you lloyd im so glad to hear that everything is working out for you.

sleeper1428
06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Glad to hear you're 'back in the game', so to speak. If you have time, and the inclination, perhaps you could post some photos of the new barn and included reloading/casting room as it progresses toward completion. Always neat to see the rise of a 'Phoenix' from the ashes.

I've got back problems as well and I must tell you that once you learn to cast boolits and reload ammo sitting down, you'll actually like it!

Keep the 'Silver Stream' flowing ....

sleeper1428

Frank46
06-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Very good news!!!!!!!!!!!. Frank

Echo
06-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Glad to hear you are on the road to (reloading) recovery. Is this a great board, or what?

geargnasher
06-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Lloyd, Glad to hear it's starting to come together for you!

Please post pics, let us know how the cleanup and new construction goes.

Gear

Lloyd Smale
06-08-2009, 06:14 AM
clean up on the old building is done. right now im waiting for money from the insurance company so i can get started on the new one.