PDA

View Full Version : New member

KTN
03-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Hello to you all.I joined the forum yesterday and itĀ“s about time to introduce myself.BTW this is my first EVER post on internet,and I canĀ“t imagine better place to start my posting,than castboolit.I have been reloading ammo and casting my own boolits since -89,so IĀ“m not that new to boolit casting,but IĀ“m total novice when it comes to computers and this internet stuff :killingpc so I hope you donĀ“t mind if I happen to f..k up on these posts.Reason I started casting boolits was that I had much more spare time to cast boolits,than I had money to byu boolits.Not much have changed from those days,still have no money and no spare time either.But I do have premium cast boolits now.Most of my cast boolits are for handguns,but I do cast for .22 hornet .30-30 win .308 win and .45-70 rifles.
My english isnĀ“t very good,but hopefully it will improve as I go along.

Kaj

Gunload Master
03-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey welcome to Cast Boolits. For your first post ever you did good! Enjoy the friendly atmosphere!

Pystis
03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Welcome Kaj!

YouĀ“ll definately make yourself at home here!
IĀ“ve been here for few months and have felt myself welcome. I can assure you that thereĀ“s a bunch of nice people down here ready to answer your questions and waiting for your input.
I am new on boolit casting and got a lot of help here. Only thing that regrets subscribing on this board is my wallet [smilie=l:

Jukka

lovedogs
03-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Welcome!! Man, you Fins really do good with your English. How do you do that? Do you folks over there study foreign languages a lot, or what? What do you hunt over there? Caribou? What else?

PatMarlin
03-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the club Kaj. Your english sounds fine to me.. :mrgreen:

What mold are you using for your .22 hornet?

wills
03-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Better than C'man's Finnish, or mine. Don't believe everything you read about sheep.

Greg
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Welcome Kaj

bisley45
03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
welcome

waksupi
03-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Welcome aboard, Kaj, and to all the other new members coming in!

454PB
03-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Welcome, Kaj. I'm impressed that this is your first posting experience. Please fill us in on the shooting experiences in Finland.

Buckshot
03-10-2006, 02:52 AM
.................Welcome on board, Kaj. Your command of English is just fine. However, even if poor, I would hope that someone who was interested in cast bullets wouldn't let that keep them from posting.

As far as this computer stuff is concerned, I've only blown myself up once :-).

................Buckshot

Finn45
03-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Hi there Kaj and welcome to CB. Do You hunt any?

Vegas Vince
03-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Welcome KAJ what are the gun laws like over there???

Vegas Vince

Cherokee
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the group !!!

NVcurmudgeon
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Welcome, Kaj. We are honored to have your first post here. This computer stuff grows on you. I started using the computer in 1999 at the age of 62, and it has become very important to me. I am still hardly what anyone would call "computer literate," but I am having a lot of fun, learning, and making friends. Let us know what your favorite cast boolit firearms are. There are at least two other Finns on this board.

hopper_64
03-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Welcome Kaj.
I'm swedish so we're almost neighbors ;-)

Jocke

KTN
03-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Thank you all,for welcoming me to the forum.
Here is some short replies to some of your questions.
Lovedogs:Yes,we study english in school,in my case for 9 years,but me real english lesson began when I started reloading and boolit casting.Hunting is quite good in here,we can hunt almost anything from small game to moose and bear.IĀ“m not sure about sheep,but cats are free game.
Patmarlin:My english may sound fine,but you donĀ“t know how long it took to write this post,because iĀ“m trying to be perfect in all that I do,be it my work,reloading,boolit casting or my english writing.My mold for .22 hornet is Lyman #225438 and iĀ“m going to try it out in my .22 PPC also.
454PB:Shooting is also quite good,at least here where I live.There is IPSC,bullseye,SRA(reservist shooting) matches locally.most of the shooting ranges are owned by local hunting clubs.I will be posting pictures as soon as I learn how to do it.
Finn45:Yes,I do hunt small game and moose.Did I get my message thru to you yesterday?As I said,IĀ“m almost hopeless with these things.
Vegas Vince:Gunlaws arenĀ“t,to my opinion,too bad either.If I can point legitimate use for a gun,like hunting,target practice,IPSC or other shooting sport,and there is no criminal markings in my background,there is no reason to denie licence.
Finn45 did good job on another thread,to explain finnish gunlaws.My personal experience is,that it is easier to get licence to guns,if you donĀ“t live on big cities,and you get to know the people who are making the decisions.
BTW IĀ“m about to send forward my application for guncollectors permit,so wish me luck.
NVcurmudgeon:My favorite cast boolit handgun calibers are: .32 s&w,.357mag
.44mag .45acp .45colt.Favorite rifle calibers are .30-30win and .45-70gov.
IĀ“m just starting to develope cast loads for .22 hornet .308win and .416 Rigby.
My favorite cast boolit handgun is Ruger bisley vaquero in .45 colt,and my favorite cast rifle is Marlin 1895SS or Marlin 1895G.IĀ“m planning to modify my old Marlin 1895SS to .50 alaskan. :lovebooli
Hopper64:I was actually born in southern Sweden,in BƤckaby,lived there for 3Ā½years,then our family moved back to finland.Still got many relatives living in Sweden.IĀ“m shamed to say that my Swedish is even worse than my English.