PDA

View Full Version : Easy side dish or snack

crabo
05-31-2009, 09:33 PM
I take a cookie sheet and wipe a little oil on it. (olive, canola, Bullplate, whatever)

Then I slice a sweet potatoe pretty thin, spread the potatoe out, sprinkle a litte Tony Cachere's More Spice on it and bake until crispy.

Tasty

roadwarrior307
08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Sounds awesome. I'll have to try it sometime. I have a great recipe for sweet potato casserole somewhere, but I usually make too much topping for it because I love pecans and brown sugar a little too much. Have you ever made sweet potato french fries? I just bought a fryer...

pmeisel
08-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Sweet potato french fries are top notch. Wife does it for a change from regular fries...

DLCTEX
08-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I like them just baked and served with butter, no other seasoning is necessary. Also sweet potato pancakes, but that casserole is to die for.

Bad Water Bill
08-10-2009, 03:39 AM
My Mom baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter but the secret went to the grave with her. She did her cooking for almost 80 years so everything was from memory and nothing in writing. A lot of good food will be missed.

Junior1942
08-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Sweet potato french fries are top notch. Wife does it for a change from regular fries...+1 on the sweet tater French fries. I love 'em.

Bad Water Bill, bake a sweet potato just like you bake a regular potato. When it's done, slice it open and add butter and brown sugar. The taste key is the brown sugar.

If a Schwans truck comes by your house, buy a bag of their frozen sweet potato chunks. They're pre-cooked. Just nuke 'em for 30 seconds or so, add butter and spice and eat. They're great.

pmeisel
08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Junior, they have Schwans in Luziana? I haven't seen a truck since I crossed the Ohio River on my way south....

Houndog
08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
What Junior said +1+

If you want to bake a sweet tater, wash them, oil them up with a little cooking oil, roll them up in tin foil and bake them at 350 degrees untill done. Split them open just like Junior said, add butter and brown sugar to taste. If you want to get a little fancy, add a spoon full marshmellow cream on top.

Gray Fox
08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
If you want them expecially good, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, or just cinnamon on top of the butter and brown sugar. To cut a few calories, use the Splenda/brown sugar mix (still trying to get back to ridge running shape before gun season, you know.)