PDA

View Full Version : Just whining

Bret4207
05-31-2009, 02:08 PM
It's almost June and it's SNOWING here.:groner: Anyone got Al Gores home phone #?!!!

oneokie
05-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Move down here to southeastern Oklahoma. It is in the low 90's with the humidity in the mid 60% range. All the stinging, biting, and blood sucking critters are out in force and they are hungry.

fatnhappy
05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
It's almost June and it's SNOWING here.:groner: Anyone got Al Gores home phone #?!!!

800-Iam-DUMB

jsizemore
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM

NO. His phone number is 1-800- MYASSISBIGGERTHENROSIEO'DONNELL'SOROPRAH'S

mroliver77
05-31-2009, 08:31 PM
huh?????

Slow Elk 45/70
06-01-2009, 02:42 AM
it must be really bad, if ya wanna call big AL....his # is 1-800-eats...and die.

armyrat1970
06-01-2009, 03:29 AM
Yeah global warming is happening all over the place. Well, maybe just not in your area Bret. Your's must be the exception to the rule.

Geraldo
06-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Snow? What is snow? Do you have pictures? :kidding:

oldhickory
06-01-2009, 07:27 AM
I can believe it, it was kinda chilly around my place for this time of year...Give me some of that global warming!

Shepherd2
06-01-2009, 07:51 AM
It's in the mid 40s this morning. Kind of wish I hadn't shut down the outdoor wood burner last week.

jhrosier
06-01-2009, 05:36 PM
It was in the lower 30s here in sunny Massachusetts this morning.
I had to scrape my windshield.
It looked like ice but could have been frozen sunshine from all of the global warming that I hear about.:confused:

Jack

Bret4207
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
From the looks of it, I won't be spending a lot of money on pool chemicals. That's me, "Mr. Look on the bright side"!!!:roll:

1Shirt
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I left western N.Y. at 18 and enlisted. Came back, got married at 21, and reinlisted to get back out of N.Y., and have never looked back. Pretty country, to many people, far to many liberals, even in western N.Y., which is great dairy country. But I was tired of milking holsteens. It wasn't to bad 50 plus years ago, as you could walk the fields with a 22 and take a reasonable number of chucks in the summer. Posting of property against hunting was not as prevailent as it is now. Deer hunting was shotgun w/slug only, and for the most part still is. My mother is still back there, and I get back every couple of years to see her and the few remaining friends that I still have contact with. You could not get me to move back into N.Y. (any part of it-for love or money), as it is controled by Chucky Shumer, and those of his ilk. It is overall an anti gun, anti hunter state: Unfortunately. Phesants are just about gone in the area that I grew up in, with Turkey taking over. Deer are pleantiful, but hunters are decreasing because of the politics of the state and the hassel associated with hunting. It is a shame, because as stated earlier, it is a pretty state. Does get some cold weather however, and I remember as a kid one year about a foot of fresh snow on the ground on Easter Sunday morning, when the dafodills were in full blume. Also remember pumping gas at an Esso (that dates me) station, and selling out of both alcohol and antifreeze when a cold snap hit. ( Yep, alceeholl-antifreeze was farily new back then, and cost a lot more). If memory serves me right, went down to something like 22 below or so that night. Not as cold as some of the areas in the mountains, but enough to get your attention. We in Ne. occaisionally get some real lousy cold weather, with ice, snow and below zero. However, we only have about a million and a half people, most of them pretty well conservative, and pro gun, with the exception of the city liberals. All that said, I hate to sweat, and much prefer the cold to any temp much over 80 degrees, and we get occaisionally a few days that approach 100. (Hated the tropics, and I spent a few years there, and in south Ga) I really do miss Alaska however, and regret leaving. Soooo-Al Gore and his peace prize just doesn't seem to be working for parts of N.Y. Might want to e-mail Rush and let him in on the snow's of May in your part of the country. :coffee:
1Shirt!:coffee::

oneokie
06-01-2009, 09:18 PM
From the looks of it, I won't be spending a lot of money on pool chemicals. That's me, "Mr. Look on the bright side"!!!:roll:

Every cloud does have a silver lining...so I am told.[smilie=1:

troy_mclure
06-01-2009, 11:48 PM
mid 90's here in south louisania, but the humidity is mid 90's too.

MtGun44
06-02-2009, 01:23 AM
can't be happening, won't be reported in newspapers or on TV because EVERYBODY
KNOWS that the globe is warming due to cow farts and SUV exhaust, plus the damage
caused by having a house bigger than 600 sq ft, unless you are a former Vice
President in charge of science fantasies.

Bill

cajun shooter
06-02-2009, 07:17 AM
I know what you mean Bret, My truck thermometer said 95 yesterday with 68% humidity. This cold is really getting ruff, I don't know what we will do if it keeps this up. Come visit us in August, Louisiana is so nice and pleasant then. I can't wait every day until I can turn on the Pro-Melt and start casting.

armyrat1970
06-03-2009, 04:40 AM
I know what you mean Bret, My truck thermometer said 95 yesterday with 68% humidity. This cold is really getting ruff, I don't know what we will do if it keeps this up. Come visit us in August, Louisiana is so nice and pleasant then. I can't wait every day until I can turn on the Pro-Melt and start casting.

Lovely weather in Southeast Louisiana in August. Actual temps run around the mid 90's with the heat index sometimes in, or close to, triple digits. Depending on the humidity.:lol:

Bret4207
06-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Spent several months in Meridian Miss., July, August and September IIRC. No thanks. Nice people, ridiculous heat.

uncle joe
06-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Spent several months in Meridian Miss., July, August and September IIRC. No thanks. Nice people, ridiculous heat.

yeah but
NO SNOW
:-D

PatMarlin
06-03-2009, 10:32 AM
We had hail stack up 4 inches in bout' 3 minutes yesterday with cold rain and lightening storms.

9.3X62AL
06-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Yup, The Goreacle speaks, and the sheep listen.

SAVE THE BABY CONDORS!

jar-wv
06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
No snow here. Just lots of rain. Still don't have all of garden planted. Latest garden I've ever had

jar

KCSO
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
1Shirt, I grew up on a farm between Omaha and Millard! Everything was better 50 years ago. My Grandpa use to tell me the same thing.

DeepSouth
06-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Thats funny KCSO,I used to tell my papaw that I wished that I had grownup in the same times he had that those were the good old days.He would always say "Bullsh-- the good old days are now".He died about fifteen years ago I'm not so sure he would say the same thing now.It's about 90 here with around 70%humidity(southern Mississippi).Talking about the garden already pulled up all my squash,corn should get right next week sometime,cucumbers are done,started picking butterbeans and my okry,bell pepper,egg plant and banna peppers are going right now.It gets miserably hot ,but you can have all that snow.Funny thang about all this global warming.First time I really saw snow was when I was about 24 or 25, about an inch.That waqs about 15 yrs ago when I got married. Since then I've seen more snow than when I was a kid.Just think thats odd,with global warming and all.

Bret4207
06-04-2009, 06:47 AM
yeah but
NO SNOW
:-D

No spring, no summer, no autumn, no winter either. Just a slight cooling from the boiling point. I hate winters endless cold, but the change in seasons is great. Besides, Christmas without snow is like.....summer.

oldhickory
06-04-2009, 07:25 AM
No spring, no summer, no autumn, no winter either. Just a slight cooling from the boiling point. I hate winters endless cold, but the change in seasons is great. Besides, Christmas without snow is like.....summer.

I know what ya mean Bret, the first snow of the season I like to go out front of my house and look at the golden light shining through those old windows, ya know, the kind with 9 panes of perfect-imperfect antique glass with small bubbles waves and runs through em. That old glass on a snowy night filters the light to a wonderful golden hue on the snow. Right after going back into the house and shaking off the snow though...I'm ready for some mid 70s weather!:mrgreen:

joeb33050
06-04-2009, 07:38 AM
This is the Hoover dam a week ago. The water is down ~50 ft., my guess, see the water line. In 1998 lake Mead was full, the dam showed it, water almost to the walk way.
It hasn't been snowing in the Rockies, enough to keep lake Powell and lake Mead full. Last time the water was this low was after Glen Canyon dam was built and lake Powell was filling up.
Probably global warming, at least some think so. Trouble with water and electricity.
joe b.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
70-80's here in north Idaho. I forgot humidity excisted until you mentioned it.

TAWILDCATT
06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
YOU CAN KEEP THE COLD:it went to 36 minus one year in Mass in my area.my studabaker and my nabors new Packard were the only cars to start in the town.
1956 I think.and the week they closed all main roads so they could clear them.I had a good snowthrower but it could not throw high enuf to get over banks and I had to shovel to street.
Now no snow,and at my age any thing below 78 is freezing.
butr the garden is ripe except for a few things the cabbage is huge,the potatoes are already out and they taste good.
been reloading with the lee 1000 in 45 acp already have done the 45 colt in the turret.and the green machine with the lee powder measure is a pleasure in 38 spec.still got a bunch of 380 and 32 acp to do then on to the rifle.:groner:

Echo
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Sometime I wish I had a garden here in Tucson. When I feel that way I generally take a double martini and wait for the feeling to disappear. They are a LOT of WORK, especially here in our compacted soil and lack of water.