PDA

View Full Version : Cody Gun Show

kodiak1
05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
If you can imagine four of us crazy Canucks are loading up and heading down to the Cody Gunshow on the 12th of June.
We are also stopping in Big Timber and doing the Sharps Facilities Tours.

Can a person get a tour of the Ballard facility in Cody?

Also want to hit the Buffalo Bill Museums (Think that is what it is called).

We will be down there till Monday then going back North via The Little Big Horn National Monument.

Any of you fella's do a coffe with a foresom of gun nutz email me and we will see if We can meet up.

Ken. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

EDK
05-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Ballard isn't in Cody WY any more...there's a high end custom shop run by ex Ballard employees there now IIRC on the west side of town going towards Yellowstone Park. The Buffalo Bill Museum is a good day...or more....to look over. You might want to eat lunch at the Irma Hotel, Buffalo Bill's daughter's place.

You aren't going to go to Quigley on the 20th and 21st? I'll be there sometime on the 15th, getting sight settings and visiting...going to Big Timber sometime that week too.

If I don't see you, you boys have a good trip.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

kodiak1
05-30-2009, 11:44 PM
EDK
Would love to go to the Quigley but that dang work gets in the way of the fun.

Ken.

scrapcan
05-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Ken,

Make sure you leave a bit of time for the museum. The last time I was there I missed 3/4 of the museum becasue I spent all day in the firearms museum. I wish I were closer , but I am too far to the south east to come for a beer.

there are a couple guys in the Cody area though.

Jeremy

timkelley
05-31-2009, 09:20 AM
For what it's worth, I always tell people to plan on three days for the Buffalo Bill Museum, a day each for Guns, Art, and Native American displays.

August
05-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Museum closes early. Suggest you go early.

You won't believe the winchester factory exhibit nor the collection of Colt's lever gunz.

MT Gianni
05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
I've got realatives coming in or I could meet you in Big Timber. Hope you have a great time.

waksupi
05-31-2009, 01:15 PM
For what it's worth, I always tell people to plan on three days for the Buffalo Bill Museum, a day each for Guns, Art, and Native American displays.

Right on. It is a huge complex. I used to do research there, and even on a hit an run photo expedition, I would burn up a day just on the Native stuff, without doing any close examination.
Don't forget Old Town! Lots of good stuff there.

kodiak1
06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
[smilie=1:Man what a hoot!! We made it home probably shouldn't have but that is another story.
Big Timber I could live there............. Toured Both factories that Shiloh factory is impressive.
Yellowstone seen Mrs Ranger Smith but no Yogi or Bobo. Buffs, Moose, Elk and Deer plus Old Faithful (Kinda stinks).
MAN THAT IS ON FRICKIN HUGE MUSEUM two days and four guys with sore feet. You have to love those digital cameras. Probably took 600 picks big card.
Old Town was really well liked (Jeremiah Johnson Fan a couple of us).
One other museum on the way out to Old Town.
Did two days of gunshow, three of us purchased now to get them home with a little bit of importing paper work and an exporter.
The gunfight at the Irma Hotel.
Shell Wyoming now those ladies know how to build a pancake if you don't know what I am talking about find out and those of you that do well you do know.
Custers Battlefield a night in Billings.

Got to the boarder told them where We had been and what we had done got a quick tour of a Customs Inspection Booth with three officers at work in the trunk of my car.
They found nothing They were happy, We were happy and on the road to home.

Wish I could have met a few of you folks but I know for a fact I am going to do that tour again in a few years.

Ken.

06-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Have spent time in most of the places you described. Shell Wyo eh? Ate some cakes n eggs there a few times also. To get down to Shell you must of taken the loop down and over the Bighorns? Sounds like you had a very good and busy trip... all good! Haven't been to Cody recently. Are the big western art paintings still in the museum?