PDA

View Full Version : Sportsman's Warehouse finally came through ..

sleeper1428
05-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Got a call from Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday morning informing me that they had just gotten a shipment of reloading components, including primers. I had put in an order for 5K small pistol primers in early February and while they couldn't sell me the full order of 5K, they did sell me 2K, thus allowing them to 'spread the wealth around', so to speak, to others who also had ordered primers. They also asked that I come in that day since they'd only hold them for one day. Price was $55.98 for the 2K which makes the price for 1K just about $28 which is only a buck or two more than I was paying before the present 'crunch'. Still waiting on the small rifle and large pistol primers that I ordered at the same time back in February but at least this may indicate that supply is starting to creep up on demand.

sleeper1428

JDFuchs
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Ive been watching GunBroker which has represented the highest priced primers Ive found (never bought them tho) and there are overpriced primer lots that are starting to not sell =)

Tom Herman
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I'll have to stop at one of the SW WA stores today and see if they follow suit... I was in Boise over the weekend, and the situation there was the same as here: No primers, two bottles of obscure powders, and a handful of oddball brass.
Maybe things are starting to get better...

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

AZ-Stew
05-29-2009, 11:40 AM
SW in Mesa, AZ, is starting to get some components. I picked up some Sierra .224 69gr match bullets yesterday and some powder last week. They had some powder this week, but it was mostly shotgun powder. They said they only got half their powder order and there's supposed to be some more by today or Monday. One of the employees said they also had some LP, LR and SP primers. They lasted for a couple of hours, but were gone by the time I got there.

Regards,

Stew

Down South
05-29-2009, 03:12 PM
I still have the suspicion that primers and other components will be easily available by years end. I know some of the experts are predicting well into next year before things settle down. I think that the panic buying and hording is slowing down or at least I hope that it is. I’ve been hearing a few reports lately of primers being back on the shelves in different places so that is good news at least.

saigafan2008
05-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Sleeper,

You're a lucky fellow! My local Sportsman's Warehouse closed on May 1st. :(

Carl

hammerhead357
05-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Thats about when the SW in San Antonio closed also. I haven't been out looking for primer recently and I can't get to the gun show this weekend so will have to wait for a while.
I wish the SW store hadn't closed in SA now we all have to deal with the gun stores and that means no deals just pay the asking price and take what ever amount you can get.....Wes

auzzie101
05-30-2009, 06:09 AM
I think things are starting to settle down. I've picked up 6k primers in the last month from different places mostly SR and SP. I've passed on primers as well, mostly due to my current stock and available funds. I also found a local gun store that sells lots of reloading stuff and they always have a good selection of powder, not everything but, plenty to choose from.