PDA

View Full Version : Star Luber/Sizer Mounting Question

Fugowii
05-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Anyone got their Star mounter to a block of wood and clamp it to your workbench?
I've got limited space and I have my swager, trimmer, and single stage press all
mounted to blocks of wood and then I 'C' clamp them to my bench when I need
them. I'm thinking about doing the same with the Star. Any issues I need to be
concerned with? Thanks.

F

dragonrider
05-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes I do, works just fine, Use a double thickness of 3/4 plywood. nice and rigid.

fredj338
05-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Anyone got their Star mounter to a block of wood and clamp it to your workbench?
I've got limited space and I have my swager, trimmer, and single stage press all
mounted to blocks of wood and then I 'C' clamp them to my bench when I need
them. I'm thinking about doing the same with the Star. Any issues I need to be
concerned with? Thanks.

F
Mine is bolted to the edge o fthe bench but I am making a mounting bracket to raise it so I can put a bin under it. I don't see why that could not be clamped to a bench as well. I'll report on the outcome.:drinks:

Springfield
05-29-2009, 02:58 AM
I have mine bolted to a piece of wood that is bolted to Dillon Strong mounts. This gets them higher so I can put bins underneath them. Makes for a very stable mount also. Got a pic of it somewheres.

cajun shooter
05-29-2009, 08:03 AM
You have answered your own question. Several people here do the same as it works. All my special equipment is mounted this way. Lessens the work space needed. I use 2x6 as it allows more room to work with. Later David

fredj338
05-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I have mine bolted to a piece of wood that is bolted to Dillon Strong mounts. This gets them higher so I can put bins underneath them. Makes for a very stable mount also. Got a pic of it somewheres.
That's where I got the idea, but the strong-mount takes up such a big footprint. I am making mine out of angle iron.

Echo
05-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Mine is lag-screwed into a 1x4 about a foot long. I use two C-Clamps, one on each side, and have never had a problem.

runfiverun
05-30-2009, 03:10 AM
i just put mine over a drawer and drilled a hole in the table top the boolits drop throught the hole and are caught in the drawer.
you could mount to the edge of the table and just open the drawer for the same effect.

Fugowii
05-30-2009, 10:14 PM
OK, I mounted it on a piece of oak that I had lying around the shop. Not the best
job in the world but it's going to do fine and it's not going anywhere.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i227/BP_2006/05_30_2009a001a.jpg

lathesmith
05-30-2009, 11:19 PM
I have mine bolted to a chunk of aluminum plate, to which I have fabricated a metal lip to hang one of those Acro-bins for catching the sized slugs. Works for me!
lathesmith

cajun shooter
05-31-2009, 09:42 AM
I like the acro- bin add on there Lathesmith. That's a neat idea.