PDA

View Full Version : met another member today

autofix4u
05-26-2009, 09:54 PM
while at work today. I met a fellow member here. I work at a large new car dealership, 13 acres large. I went up to the body shop to get some thing and one of the body guy asked me if I had got an old rifle refineshed yet. I told him I hadent yet due to selling off some stuff here. that's when ha said he had been a member here fo a whille. just goes to show you its a small world.

Buckshot
05-27-2009, 01:38 AM
..............Maybe if there is a range convenient to you both you can get together and do some shooting? Always more fun with a pal along.

...............Buckshot

ronterry
05-27-2009, 02:10 PM
A little OT, but I'm having dinner on Friday with a guy from a different board. So yea, it is a small world. One things for sure, well have plenty to talk about having similar interest...

jdgabbard
05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I go and eat lunch every once in a while with Randall. Its usually while we trading info or goods, but we do lunch! This last time he was giving me a small (lifetime) sample of Sprue plate lube, and I was giving a couple hundred boolits (358311) for him to try. Last time it was showing me a recycler who sells him WWs.

We have about 20-25 years difference in age between us, but we get along good.

squid1230
05-27-2009, 03:53 PM
We have about 20-25 years difference in age between us, but we get along good.

I fly for an airline with guys who have 20 some-odd years on me. As long as guys have shared interests it defies the age difference. The majority of club members at the range are old times and we have a blast ( pardon the pun).

lead-1
05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm kind of suprised that I haven't found some sort of hometown forum here. It would be great to sit and watch someone make a batch of bullets and talk the talk for a few pointers in person. I also realize that now days there's the trust issue of letting a stranger in your garage/mancave.

crabo
05-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm kind of suprised that I haven't found some sort of hometown forum here. It would be great to sit and watch someone make a batch of bullets and talk the talk for a few pointers in person. I also realize that now days there's the trust issue of letting a stranger in your garage/mancave.

Where are you at?

Springfield
05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
I shoot mostly cowboy, and I have customers from all over. A few of times when I was going to be in another area(or state!) I have contacted fellow cowboys and asked if it was OK to come visit. Always had great conversations, get shown all kinds of weapons and reloading equiptment. Kinda nice to put faces to names also.

lead-1
05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Eastern side of Ohio right off I-77.